Bliss

Okay this was supposed to be about Sirius being a healer and it turned into a what if they lived story I-

Also, Sirius being able to sing gives me life. 

TW: war, fighting, blood, burns, domestic disputes, torture (vaguely mentioned), being held captive

~Sirius' POV, Sometimes in 6th year~

I hold Remus' hand tight as we walk up to the willow. James and Peter are already there, I had to run back to get something and Remus didn't want to go without me. We've still got forty five minutes though, so we're right on time. 

"Baby, you're shaking." I glance up at Remus. He bites his lip. 

"I know." Remus mumbles. I squeeze his hand gently before shifting into my animagus to go hit the knot under the tree. My animagus isn't fully grown yet, so it's pretty easy for me. It's easier for Pete, but what ever. I pretty my paw to the knot, and Remus tentatively walks towards me. He's unusually scared this time, probably because he's been sick and it's always worse when he isn't feeling well. 

I let Remus crawl in first, then I pad behind him because it's easier in my dog form. 

Remus waits for me when he crawls out, brushing the dust off of his sweatpants. I shift back into my human form, smiling up at my nervous boyfriend. 

"It'll be alright, baby. You know that." I wrap my arms around Remus' waist, wishing not for the first time that I was tall so he could cuddle into my shoulder like I do to him. 

"I know, Ri." Remus smiles a little, leaning down to kiss my cheek. He hugs my shoulders, then let's go after a few moments. 

We make our way upstairs to what used to be a bedroom. James and Pete are already in their animagus forms, taking a nap in the corner. Wormtail is curled up between Prongs' sprouting antlers. He's not quite grown either. 

"Home sweet home." Remus flops dramatically on the bed, which groans in protest. I lay beside him, pulling him to my chest. 

"And they say I'm the dramatic one." I chuckle, wrapping my arms around my boyfriend. He cuddles into my chest, huffing indignantly. 

"You are the dramatic one." He mumbles, his head tucked safely under my chin. I smile and kiss the top of his head. 

"I know." 

We lay in silence for a couple of minutes, then Remus stirs a little. I groan inwardly, because I know what he's going to say. 

"Sing to me." Remus mumbles against my throat, pressing a kiss over my pulse point. I sigh. 

"Baby, James and Pete are right there.." 

"I don't caaaaaare!" Remus whines. "I 'unno why you don't sing in front of them anyway, they wouldn't make fun of you." He sounds much less scared now, mostly just sleepy. 

"Oh fine, I can't say no to you." I chuckle, pressing a kiss to the top of Remus' head. 

I work up all of my nerve as I softly start to sing, feeling remus relax almost immediately. He pushes his hand under my hoodie, resting his warm hand on my bare waist. 

"We were just kids when we feeeell in loove, not knowin' whaat it was.." I sing, my voice quiet and my heart full with the way Remus pulls away just to look at me. His bright, glowing amber eyes are soft and sincere despite the fact that those are wolf eyes and we've got maybe five minutes before he turns. 

"I will not give youuu up this tiiiiimme.." Remus harmonizes with me, then leans in to kiss me. I giggle against his lips, twining my fingers in his hair and pulling back after a few moments.