Untitled Part 101

I've been thinking about Sirius and Lily's relationship a lot. I figured I would write a little thing to show how they became friends, and further into their friendship. Don't worry, lots o' fluff to drown out the pain. 

Sorry about the title, my phone hates me. It's called 'Bonding with Red'

*This is going to be straight up SAD*

~Sirius' POV~

I wake up in a cold sweat, my breathing hard and terrified. 

"S' okay, Ri... Go back to sleep," Remus murmurs sleepily.He pulls me close to his chest, kissing the top of my head. 

"Let me go," I whisper. "I'll be back in a bit," 

Remus sighs and let's me go. I sit up then bend down, pressing a gentle kiss to his forehead. 

"Go to sleep, Love. I'll be fine," 

I get up and head out of the dorm, pushing my hair back away from my face. Calm down, Black. You're fine. She cant hurt you here. 

I'm halfway down the staircase when I hear sniffling. I lighten my footsteps and peak around the corner into the common room. A girl with flaming red hair is sitting on a couch with her head in her hands, sobbing her heart out. There is a price of muggles paper on the couch next to her. 

"Lily?" I say softly, walking out into the common room. Lily lifts her head and looks at me. There are tears streaming down her face. 

"W-what do y-you  want, B-Black?" She asks, stumbling over her her words. 

"To know why you're crying," I sit on the couch next to lily. She scoots away from me. 

"T-tell me the truth," 

"I had a nightmare and wanted to be alone. But now I want to know why you're crying. Maybe I can help," I say. Lily wipes her eyes. 

"I don't know how you would be able to help," Her voice is broken and hopeless. I hold out my arm. 

"Well, I'm told I'm a good hugger," I joke lightly. Lily hesitantly leans into my arms. I wrap my arms loosely around her, rubbing her back gently. 

"My sister sent me a letter," Lily says after she calms down. 

"Do you mind if I see?" I ask. Lily leans away from me and grabs the piece of paper. She hands it to me, then lays her head down on my shoulder. I look at the paper and wrap my arm around Lily's shoulders. 

'Lily, 

You left one of your stupid quills here. Mum found it and threw it in the garbage. It's so much better here without you. Mum and dad are talking about turning your room into a room for the dog. I think that would be a better use for it. You can sleep on the couch when you're here, since you're only here three months out of the year. I can finally bring friends over now that I don't have to worry about my freak of a sister scaring all of them off. I just tell them that I'm an only child. It's not like you're ever home anyway. Anyway, I just figured I'd write to tell you about home and how much we DON'T miss you. Kisses, Tuney'

I fold the letter and set it on the coffee table. 

"You don't deserve that shit, Lily. You're an amazing girl, no matter how much I tease and taunt you. You're smart and funny and amazing. No one should treat you the way that they treat you. They're not your family, Lily. We are. They're your blood, we're your family," 

"Thanks, Sirius. What was your nightmare about?" Lily looks at me. I hesitate. I never tell anyone about my nightmares except for Remus, or James, maybe reg.