When Padfoot's In A Bad Mood

~Remus POV~

Sirius has been really off,  all day.  I don't really know what's going on.  He hasn't talked much at all really. Usually hes causing trouble with James but right now he's sitting in his seat,  staring off into space.

After class is dinner,  I expect Sirius
to go strait there but he makes a b line for the gryffindor tower. I turn to James

"Fix him" He mumbles

"Bring me chocolate later?" I smirk

"If you fix whatever is happening, you can have my chocolate frog stash. Just do your boyfriend thing."

I walk to the portrait of the fat lady and say the password.  The portrait swings open and I crawl through the hole. I see my boyfriend,  sitting on a couch staring at the fire.  I walk over to him and sit down next to him.  He jumps slightly,  pulled back into reality.  I put one of my arms over his shoulders. 

"Honey,  what's wrong?  You haven't been talking all day"

"I... I... " He stutters,  looking down at his shoes.

"Sirius,  sweetheart.  You can tell me baby" I squeeze his shoulders lightly.

"I-ill be o-okay.." He has tears in his eyes.  I make him look at me and wipe them away this the back of my thumb.

"Baby,  just tell me what's wrong,  it'll feel good to get it out of your system. Then we can go to the kitchens and get something to eat"

"I g-got a l-letter f-f-from home th-this mor-morning.  Th-they f-found o-out I'm g-gay" A few tears stream down his face.  I wipe them away and coo down at him.  I put my other arm around him and hold him close,  letting him cry on me.

"Oh, honey,  we'll be alright.  I promise we'll get through this together baby.  I love you and I'm not leaving your side" I run one of my hands through his hair,  gently rubbing his back and sides with the other.  Eventually he calms down and moves his head so he's lookng at me.

"Thanks babe"

"No problem honey" I move a stray piece of hair out of his eyes and leave my hand on his cheek.

"Where's the letter?"

"This might sound weird,  but I keep them in a box upstairs"

"I know you do"

"I've never told anyone that before"

"Sirius,  who cleans the dorms?  I found it least year" He curls into my side and I kiss the top of his head.

"Sirius,  you don't have to let me,  but can I read it?"

"Yeah,  I'll be right back" I kiss his cheek and he walks out.
He comes back a couple minutes later holding a ripped envelope.  I take it and Sirius lays down,  his head in my lap. I run my finger through his hair and bend down to kiss his forehead.  I open the envelope and read its contents.

Sirius, 
You are a complete disgrace to our name.  First you are a damn gryffindor and now you're a fucking faggot?  That is absolutely awful!  We clothe you,  feed you,  and provide a roof over your head!  We do so much for you and you give nothing back!  You are very lucky that we don't disown you right here and now.  When you get back I will make your life hell boy.

      Mother of your pathetic,  stupid                      arse,
W. B

By the time I'm done reading I have tear tracks down my face.  I pull Sirius up and hug him to my chest protectively.  "Oh,  oh,  oh Sirius,  honey I'm so sorry!  That's awful!  None of that was true sweetheart.  None of it. You're perfect,  even your imperfections are perfect.  I love everything about you and I need you to know that"

"I love you too sweetheart,  thank you,  for being here by the way" He puts his arms around my waist and I hold him close to me.

"Baby,  I'll always be here for you.  Forever and always.  I won't ever leave you. I love you"

"I love you too re,  I love you too" I hold him close to me for a while,  just being there,  with my broken boyfriend.

"Now,  I believe food was in the deal?" Sirius mumbles against my chest

"Of course honey,  lets go" I untangle my limbs from his and stand up,  helping him us as well.  We walk out of the portrait into the cold hallway.  I shiver and put one sweater covered arm around Sirius' shoulder.  He puts one around my waist and I kiss the top of his head. 

We walk to the kitchen and get some dinner for rumbling stomachs.  We walk back to the dorms joking,  I'm trying to keep Sirius in high spirits.  When we get back to the dorms and Sirius has a smile on his face,  I hear James sigh in relief.

"Padfoot, mate.  What's up with you today?" Sirius' eyes darken slightly and I tighten my grip around his shoulders.  Sirius pulls the letter out of his pocket and hands it to James. 

When James finishes the letter he is seething.  I kiss sirius' forehead and walk to James.

"Why don't you go fly a few laps yeah?  Blow off some steam.  Take Peter with you,  Sirius is tired and I want him to get some rest" I whisper in his ear in a soothing tone.  He nods his head and grabs his broom from under his bed.

"C'mon Petey" Peter gets up and follows James out of the room. I grab one of james' chocolate frogs before walking back over to Sirius and sitting next to him. He looks at me, confusion written on his face.

"James love his chocolate frogs re"

"He said I could have them if I fixed you"

"'Fix' me?"

"Whenever you get into a mood like that it hurts James,  because he doesn't know how to handle it.  He's used to you being happy and playing pranks with him,  not staring into space and being quiet.  So I have to fix you,  and in return I get his chocolate"

"I get it now" He lays his head on my shoulder and yawns softly.  I kiss his forehead and move,  laying him down gently.

"Get some sleep sweetheart,  I'll be right back okay?" I lean down and kiss his cheek. 

"Okay moony" He mumbles quietly, turning on his stomach. I look down at him until I'm sure head asleep and then slip out of the room. I head down to the kitchens again and quickly grab padfoots favorite dessert,  a red velvet cupcake. I swiftly walk back to the dorms,  the cupcake on a small plate with a bowl covering it.  I get to our dorms and set the plate next to sirius' bed,  on the table.  I quickly change into sweatpants and crawl in bed beside Sirius.  He shifts in his sleep so his head is buried in my chest and he's curled up in a ball. I drape one of my arms over his waist and kiss the top of his head. 

"I loooove you" I whisper,  running my fingers through his long,  black as midnight hair.

"I love you too"

"Forever?"

"Always."