The Afterlife

~Remus POV~

"SIRIUS!" I cry as Sirius falls through the veil. I lunge for Harry, Wapping my arms around his struggling body.

"Dada!" Harry wails, struggling against me.

"Harry, cub, stop. He's gone" I say, choking back tears. Harry turns around in my arms, burying his head in my chest.

"No" Harry murmurs. I hold him tight against me.

"I love you, cub" I whisper, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"I love you too" Harry whimpers. I look at Albus, who nods at me. I hold Harry tighter and apparate, landing in 12, gimmauld place. I pull Harry to the couch and sit down. Harry curls up against me, laying his head on my chest. I keep my arms wrapped around him, not really planning on letting go. Harry's body is shaking with the force of his sobs.

"Shh, Harry, shh" I coo, choking back my own tears.

~Sirius POV~
The last thing I see before I pass out is Remus, holding Harry back. The last thing I hear is Remus and Harry screaming my name.

"Sirius? Padfoot?" I hear a pleasantly familiar voice speak my name. I groan, my ears are ringing.

"What, wait, what the fuck?" My eyes snap open. "H-harry?" I stutter, knowing that isn't the answer. James motherfucking Potter is standing over me.

"Guess again"

"James" I breathe.

"There you go, pads" James chuckles. I let my eyes adjust more, and I see lily Potter leaning over me as well.

"Hey, Evans" I say.

"Hey, Siri" She says happily.

"Now, one of you explain why my head is throbbing, and what the fuck is happening?" I ask, letting my head fall backwards again.

"You're, dead" James says slowly. I sit all the way up.

"What?!"

"You, you fell through the veil. Lily and I were watching"

"Oh my Merlin. No, holy shit" I breathe, burying my head in my hands. James pats my back. After I recover I pull back from my hands, gasping. They look different. I run my hands through my, now longer, hair.

"Why am I eighteen?" I ask.

"Because that was the last time you were truly happy, with nothing worrying you. We're eighteen as well" Lily explains, laying her little hand on my arm. I stand up and tackle James into a hug.

"Merlin potter, you have no idea how much I missed you" I murmur against his shoulder. We break apart and I turn to lily.

"Do you still smell like wet dog?" Lily teases.

"I always will, lily pad" I answer, opening my arms for her. She walks into my embrace, laying her head against my chest. I hold her close, hoping I'm not dreaming. Lily and I break apart and James looks at me, a weird expression on his face.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"There's one more person that wants to see you. He was to scared to come with us, but he really misses you" James says.

"Who?" I ask. Lily grabs my hand, guiding me through a big set of doors. On the other side there is a young boy, his head down. He's shifting his feet, green sneakers sliding across the ground.

"Hey, Siri" He whispers in a soft voice. That voice. Merlin, I haven't heard it in so long.

"Reggie" I breathe out, putting my hand over my mouth to stifle a small sob of happiness. Reg lifts his head, his grey eyes that match mine staring at me. He's about sixteen.