DAMN IT JAMES, but thanks

~Sirius POV~
"Remus!  It's so obvious he lo- ahh!" I kick James under the table as hard as I can.

"Who and what?" Remus looks super confused

"Nothing moony" I mumble.  I kick James again and walk out of the great hall

~~a week later~~

"MOONY ISN'T IT OBVIOUS THAT HE'S IN LOVE WITH YOU!?!?!" James shouts.  I kick James so hard it makes him cry.

"WHAT THE HELL, POTTER?!" I grab my things and run out of the room, not even bothering to look at moony's reaction.  Because I know it's not going to be good.

I run outside to a place where I like to go,  only I know about it.  It's a little ways into the forbidden forest. There's two trees that grew together,  like they were meant to be together.  And when I sit in the roots of those two trees all I can think about is that soft,  smart,  werewolf.  About how much I love him.  And now he's not even going to be my friend anymore because James ran his mouth.  I sit in the roots and bury my head in my hands. Sobs wracking my body.  "I cant lose him" I whimper through the sobs. I eventually calm down by thinking of his caring,  soft,  honey eyes.  I compose myself and look at my watch.  10: 00 shit  I done have the cloak so I'm just gonna have to be really careful.

I shakily get to my feet,  carefully weaving my way through the thick brush and trees.  When I'm out in the open I turn into padfoot, the big black dog. I slowly pad my way to the castle.  When I'm standing outside the front door I turn back into my human form and silently open one door. 

I slip inside carefully,  closing the door behind me. I carefully and quietly walk through the great Hall if only I had the map.  I think to myself.  It's rem's turn with the map this week. I stop,  listening for any sign of life. All I hear is a few crickets chirping a soft, solemn song. They sound how I feel.

I start walking again,  eventually making my way to the gryffindor tower.  I hear faint footsteps.  I quickly change into padfoot and run to a dark corner,  curling up in a tight ball.  I peek my eyes up and watch professor McGonagall walking past.  When her footsteps fade I turn back into a human and walk the rest of the way to the fat lady's portrait. 

"Kneazel" I whisper.  The portrait swings open and I quickly crawl through.  There isn't anyone in the common room which relieves me.  If Remus was awake he would be reading down here.  I look at my watch again. 11: 00.

I quietly make my way to the boys dorms.  I open the door, softly closing it behind me.  I walk over to my bed and collapse on top of it,  not bothering to change or even put the blanket over me. I close my eyes,  although I know I'm not going to be able to sleep with everything that's happened today.  All the emotions,  now hitting me like a freight train. 

Anger towards James for blabbing. anger towards myself for even telling James in the first place. Numbness towards the world,  because I basically just lost the love of my life and my best friend.  Everyone thinks that James is my best friend over all,  bit it's always been Remus. Remus is the one I talk to. He's the one that comforts me after nightmares.  The only one who's ever seen me break.  The only one I've ever loved.  Now I've lost him. Because of my stupid emotions.

After a while of laying and drowning in in my sorrow,  I hear someone get out of their bed. A few moments later a blanket is draped over my body. 

"I know you're awake,  and you don't have to talk to me.  But just let me say something.  I'm not mad.  I don't hate you.  I could never bring myself to ever ever hate you. If you want to talk to me,  meet me by the lake tomorrow at lunch.  Goodnight Sirius."  Moony. of course that adorable werewolf that I fell in love with.  I curl up in a ball and smile.  He doesn't hate me  but he didn't say he likes me too.

So many thoughts are swirling through my head right now.  I don't understand. Eventually I fall into a restless sleep.

~the next day~

The last class I have before lunch is history of magic.  I sit through the whole class,  fidgeting in my seat.  Right when  class is dismissed I make my way to the black lake. Remus has ancient runes right before lunch so I don't run into him.

I get to the lake first. I grab a few stones and start skipping them.  Eventually I hear quiet footsteps behind me. 

"Remus?"

"Yeah" He answers softly. I sit down and bring my knees to my chest. He sits down next to me.

"I'm so damn confused" Remus mumbles

"About which part?"

"Everything Sirius,  everything. Ive had weird feelings about you lately and I think I know what it is now. You and I have always been very close,  and recently I've come to the conclusion that I see things in you that other people don't see. I realize when you're sad,  mad,  a little off.  Anything other that happy.  I can tell when you need a hug or just need a break from reality.  I can tell when your holidays have gone worse than before.  I've come to the realization that I love you." Remus rants.  By the end I have tears in my eyes.

"Remus,  oh my goodness. I've had a crush on you for about six months to a year. I was so scared to talk to you because I thought you would hate me and want nothing to do with me.  I was so scared.  Because I can't lose you.  I couldnt make it without you.  And I do that thing to.  I can tell when  you're worried about something because you bite your bottom lip.  I can tell when you're concentrating on a test because you nibble the end of your quill.  I can tell when you're really into a book because you bring your knees halfway up to your chest and break off from reality slightly.  And I can tell when you're in pain because of the look in your eyes,  I can just tell.  And right now,  you're confused, yet relieved." Remus looks at me,  his expression turning to pure love and caring. 

"You obviously heard me last night,  and I said.  I could never bring myself to hate you.  Because I need you to survive Sirius.  I love you,  and I'm ready to accept that" I put my hand on remus' cheek and lean in.  He puts one hand on my hip and the other one on my shoulder. He leans down and I lean up.  Our lips connect into a sweet,  passionate kiss.  Just lips moving in lips,  but so full of emotion. Relief, love, passion, relief. 

We break away and I lay my forehead against his.  "You have no idea,  how much I've wanted to do that,  for so long" I whisper.

"Be my boyfriend?" Remus asks

"Hmmm let me think yes you bloody idiot! I love you!" I peck him on the lips and lay my head in his lap. He cards his hand through my hair and I smile at him.  He bits his bottom lip slightly and I reach up,  holding his cheek in my palm.

"Re,  what's worrying you?"

"What're we gonna do? A-are you ready to come out? Am I? I don't know!  I'm just confused!" I sit up and hug him.

"Remus,  baby calm down. I'm ready whenever you are.  We'll be okay. I promise." I kiss him on the cheek and lay back down.  He smiles down at me.  I search his soft,  loving, honey eyes.  There are so many emotions.  Love,  dread,  relief, fear,  happiness.  I sit up again and push him backwards,  laying my head on his chest. 

"We're gonna be okay moony,  I promise.  I'm never letting go."

"Me either padfoot,  me either."

"I love you"

"I love you too Sirius"

And we both fell asleep,  in each other's arms.  Missing all of our last classes. But,  knowing we have each other.  We didn't care