Damn Snakes

~Remus POV~
Sirius and I walking down to the great Hall for breakfast. He has his arm around my waist and his head on my shoulder.

"I love you" He whispers

"I love you too padfoot" I kiss the top of his head and I expect him to let go of me,  because we aren't out yet.  But he doesn't.  He just holds me tighter and opens the door to the great Hall.

I hear a few gasps.  The jingleing of coins, a few 'awwww's and  'I knew it's. Then I hear a particularly awful comment from the Slytherin table.  Directed a Sirius.

"I KNEW YOU WERE A FAGGOT BLACK!" Snape's voice shouts across the Hall.  We walk to our seats at the gryffindor table and I look at him. 

"Babe? Are you okay?" I put my hand on top of his and he looks up at me.

"I love you" He whispers

I kiss him softly.  "And I you"

~~~~

After breakfast Sirius and I walk out to the black lake,  it's Saturday so we're free. We walk over to the marauder tree and Sirius sits down.  I sit next to him and lay my head in his lap. I gaze up into his warm,  silver eyes. He looks back down at me.  I see another emotion in his eyes.  Dread.  That's it.  I reach up and cup his cheek in my hand,  stroking it with my thumb.

"Baby,  what's wrong" I speak softly,  so I don't scare him.

"I.. I saw Regulus....  What if he...  Tells... My mother.... " He chokes out.  I can see tears welling up in his eyes and I sit up. 

"If he does then we'll prank him so bad he won't ever mess with us again" I whisper quietly against his ear.

"How did I ever get a boy like you?" He says. I lay my head back down on his lap. He carefully cards his hands through my hair and hums softly. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Sirius and I walk down to breakfast,  hand in hand.

When we walk in there is still a few rude comments from the Slytherins.

We sit down as the morning mail comes.

~Sirius POV~

I see my mother's owl carrying a scarlet envelope. The owl land in front of me and I give it a carrot. "Peck my mum over the head for me would 'ya" The owl gave a trill and flew off.  I glance down at the scarlet red envelope. I grip Moony's hand in mine and open the letter.

"SIRIUS ORION BLACK!  YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE TO THE HOUSE OF BLACK.  FIRST YOU HE SORTED INTO GRYFFINDOR AND NOW YOU ARE A FAGGOT? WITH A DAMN HALF-BLOOD AT THAT! THAT IS DISGUSTING!  I AM ABSOLUTELY APPALLED! YOU FILTHY, MUGGLE LOVING, BLOOD TRAITOR!"

The letter finally ends,  I get up and leave the great Hall.  I hear Remus walking after me.  Before I leave I glance at the Slytherin table. Regulus has his hand over his mouth and tears in his eyes. I want to go tell him I'm okay.  But to be completely honest,  I'm not.  I'm about to break and I need to get out.  I need air.

I exit the castle and sit on the steps. I can feel remus' presence beside me. I turn and bury my head in his neck.  "I'm sorry she said that about you"  I mumble.

"Sirius,  you're so bloody perfect it hurts me.  You just got embarrassed in front of the whole school and you were screamed at my your mother and you're apologizing to me?damn Sirius.  I'm sorry that happened to you.  None of the things she said were true.  You're perfect.  Perfect for me." 

He puts his arms around me and holds me close to him.  I cry for a while and eventually settle down. I look up at his soft, loving, honey eyes. "I love you so much" I kiss him softly.

"I don't think Regulus did it." I mumble "he was crying"

"You should talk to him babe"

"I should,  but I'm scared to"

"Why?"

"What if he hates me now that he knows I'm gay?"

"Sirius," Remus puts two fingers under my chin and forces me to look him in the eye.  "If he was crying,  then he obviously cares,  you need to go talk to him.  I'll go with you if you're too scared but I think it would mean more If it was just you and your brother"

"Okay,  I can do it" Remus kisses my forehead and I get up,  going to find my brother.

I wonder the halls and finally spot him.  His back against a wall.  He looks like he's trying not to cry.

"Reggie?" I ask quietly.

"Siri?" He looks at me.

"Why are you crying bubu?" I walk over to him.

"Siri,  I didn't do it.  I didn't tell mother.  I promise!  I would never do the to you!"

I pull him into me and rub his back.  I let his cry for a while then I make him look at me.

"I know you didn't do it.  I believe you.  Do you know who did do it?"

He nods his head.

"Can you tell me?" I whisper in a soft tone,  when he gets like this, Regulus is very fragile. He looks up at me and smirks slightly.

"Only if I can help prank the shit out of him"

"Of course"

"It was malfoy and Snape,  they both wrote.  I tried to stop them but I couldn't" He starts crying again softly and I pull him back into my chest. 

I coo down at him "I know reg,  I know" I let his hair until he calms down.  "I really am sorry Siri"

"I know you are,  it's not your fault but I also know you blame yourself so,  I know you're sorry bubu"

"Will you walk with me to the dungeons?"

"Of course" I put my arm around his shoulder and walk with him to the dungeons.

When we get there he turns to face me.

"I love you Siri"

"I love you too reg,Take care of yourself okay?"

He hugs me one last time and answers "promise"  And with that he walks off.

I wonder back upstairs to look for my boyfriend.  I walk to the gryffindor common room and see him curled um on a chair with a book.  I walk over to him and lay my head on his chest. He runs one hand through my hair carefully.

"Did you find your brother" He asks.  I nod. 

"Guess who actually did it"

"Hm?" He mumbles

"Malfoy and Snivelous" I look up at him to see fury in his eyes for a moment before it turns back to love and care.

"He wants to help prank them" I say

"Wouldn't dream of doing it without him" Remus answers. I lay my head back down on his chest and put my arms around his waist. I sigh in content and feel myself drifting off.

"Forever?" I mumble

"Always" Remus answers

I'm going to do a part two but right now it's midnight and I have school in less than 8 hours.  🙃