Storm

More singer Sirius because I'm /obsessed/. This time they're in a band

Also nervous boi Remus because I'm totally not projecting

I didn't realize this one was right after my other musician Sirius story lol

~Remus' POV~

I wake up to the sound of soft piano music, and no Sirius beside me in bed. It's not an uncommon occurrence, when his insomnia is particularly bad and he can't sleep. 

Unhurriedly, I get up and find someone's hoodie- either mine, Sirius', or maybe James's, because it smells a lot like James. With being on the road together so often, we all end up sharing clothes quite often. I then slowly walk down the stairs, keeping my footsteps light so Sirius isn't disturbed. 

Sirius is never more beautiful than when he's playing the Piano. His back straight, sharp grey eyes swiftly reading notes- or sometimes not reading them, because he has a knack for memorizing music. The tune he's playing now is one of the songs I wrote, at least the words. Sirius is so gifted at coming up with accompaniments to my lyrics, it's why we make such a good team. 

I slide my hand gently onto Sirius' shoulder before sitting on the piano bench beside him, so he doesn't get startled. I lean my head on his shoulder and despite the height difference, it's quite comfortable. 

We sit here for a while. My eyes fall closed while watching his talented fingers glide across the keys in what can only be described as a beautifully coordinated dance. He finishes the song he was playing and wraps an arm around my waist, those same fingers slipping just slightly under my hoodie. 

"Did I wake you?" Sirius asks before pressing a kiss to the top of my head. 

"No," I reply, my voice soft and thick as if I am still asleep. Even if he had woken me, which he probably did, I wouldn't complain. 

"Well then maybe you should go back to bed, my moony." He suggests, and I shake my head because I want as much cuddle time as absolutely possible before we hit the road again next week. Sirius, James, Peter and I are in a band called the Marauders. Sirius sings and writes music, and sometimes also plays the piano. James is a bassist and backup vocals, Peter is on drums, and I'm a guitarist that also writes most of our songs. The boys have been hounding me forever to actually sing with Sirius, but I'm to anxious for that shit. 

"No, I'm okay. I like listening to you play." I reply, not opening my eyes until Sirius tilts my chin gently with his finger and presses a soft kiss to my lips. 

"Yeah, I know." Sirius nuzzles his nose against mine, making me laugh a little involuntarily. "What do you want to hear?"

"As long as you're playing it I think death metal could put me at ease, padfoot." I settle back into my previous position and Sirius begins to play what he knows is one of my favorite songs, titled Storm because I may or may not have written it almost completely about Sirius' eyes.

I sing the melody along with Sirius' playing almost without thinking. He takes the harmony, deep baritone blending perfectly with my floaty tenor.

"Do you have any idea how nuts the fans would go if we did that on stage?" It's a question that I don't have to answer, because it's open ended and he's not pressuring me, just suggesting. 

"They'd riot, and I'd inevitably have to run of stage to barf because of my anxiety." I reply, completely honest. Sirius leans his head against mine. "Besides, you and James sound great singing it together."

"Yeah, but the song isn't about me and /James/." Sirius points out. "It's about me and you. And you love this song, moony. It's one of your favorites that you've ever written, I know because every time we sing it on stage you're singing along. You don't do that with other songs."