Jitters

~Sirius POV~

"Rem, are you sure about this?" I ask as Remus and I step off the train together. 

"Of course I'm sure," Remus chuckles, grabbing my hand. My fingers are so shaky, I'm surprised he could even grab them. 

In case you're wondering what I'm freaking out about, I'll tell you. 

I'm meeting my boyfriend's parents. 

Remus and I have been dating for almost a year. It'll be a year in two weeks, actually. And, I've never met his parents. 

"Hey," Remus murmurs, noticing how quiet I'm being. "They're going to love you," His voice is soft. 

"But what if they don't?" I murmur, mostly to myself. 

Remus' turns and tilts my head up to look at him. 

"It's normal to be worried, Darlin'. I'm worried too. But, not for you. For me. Because when they see how amazing you are, they'll be pissed that I haven't introduced you before," Remus' is smiling as he pushes my hair behind my ear in that soothing way only he can. I smile despite myself. 

"But-" Remus just rolls his eyes and kisses me full on the mouth. The kiss is only a couple of seconds long. When Remus' pulls away, I'm dazed and blushing. 

"Remus what the hell?" I glance around, making sure no one saw. 

"What?" Remus laughs. "My parents are on the other side of the wall. And, you're anxious. It was the only way to shut you up," He smiles. "It's okay, baby. I'm right here" 

Wow, I can breathe again. That stunning smile has a way of making the muscles in my shoulders relax. 

"Okay." I say, taking a deep breath. "Let's go,"

Remus leans down and kisses my cheek one more time, then leads me across the wall back to the muggle world. I instinctively let go of Rem's hand. 

"Nooooooo," Remus whines. 

"Remus, you know what it's like in the muggle world. It's worse than the wizarding world," I say. Remus huffs. 

"I don't care. Hold my hand," Remus pouts. I chuckle and gently twine our fingers together. 

"There. Are you happy now, sir pouts a lot?" I chuckle. Remus laughs, easing my nerves even more. 

Then, I see Remus' parents, and the spike of anxiety hits me like a freight train. 

His mother is a small woman, probably a little shorter than me, which is saying something. She has soft brown eyes, just like Remus', dark brown hair, and a kind smile. 

Remus' dad is who scares me. He's tall, very tall. Taller than Remus, who is 6'3. He has piercing, hard green eyes that stare into my very soul. His mouth his pressed into a thin line, and his arms are crossed. Remus told me that his dad might not be as accepting as his mum, but this man looks like he down right loathes me. 

"Come on Dad, quit tryin' to scare him," Remus chuckles. I breathe a sigh of relief when Remus' Dad smiles, dropping the angry look. That smile, it's just like Remus'. 

"Aw man, you blew my cover, kid! I was trying so hard to act scary!" Lyall Lupin laughs. ((I couldn't resist the alliteration lol)) 

Okay. I can do this. 

Remus hugs his mum, then his dad. They're all smiling and laughing, while I stand here awkwardly, not really knowing what to do. Then, Hope Lupin pulls me into a bear hug. I go completely rigid before awkwardly hugging back.