Our Cub (Remake)

~Sirius POV~

Three years. I've been in this place three damned years and Dumbledore just got me a trial.

Two aurors come into the room.

"Mr. Black, if you would not struggle it will make your life a whole lot easier" One of them says, hand cuffing me. I don't like hand cuffs, they freak me out but I don't struggle. I just follow the aurors down this giant Hall to a big set of steel doors. A bit of a bummer, really. I look around the room, searching for a pair of molten honey eyes. There. He's sitting there. As his eyes lock with mine I manage a small, weak smile. I put all the love I can muster in it, but I can tell it doesn't reach my eyes. Remus sends me a small smile as well. The Aurors set me down in a chair, tying my hands behind my back. I look down at my shaking knee until I'm spoken to.

"Mr Black, you are charged with the murder of pe mkter pettigrew, twelve muggles, helping to plan the murders of James and lily Potter, as well as their son, Harry Potter. How do you plead?"

"Not guilty" I say quietly, deciding not to correct him about my last name. I play with the ring of my finger, like I do when I'm nervous.

"We would like your story from you under the influence of verttiserum," Fudge says.

"I consent" I say quietly, I haven't spoken much in three years, give me a break. An auror presses a small vial to my mouth and I drink the potion, cringing at the taste.

"Alright, Mr black. A few easy questions to start. What is your full legal name?"

"Sirius Orion Lupin" I say, smiling lightly.

"What is your significant other's full name?" He asks. My expression softens, as does my smile.

"Remus John Lupin" I say, a bit louder than before. Some of my confidence is returning.

"Alright, tell me what happened on October 31st, three years ago"

"Remus and I were planning on spending the evening with J-James and Lily, because we hadn't seen them in a while and J-James was getting a bit antsy, not being able to leave the house. Remus was running a little late at his work, so I left a bit before he came home. When I saw the door busted down I stopped and drew my wand. I walked into the house and the first thing that caught my eye was, J-J-prongs, sprawled out across the ground, his eyes lifeless. His wand was on the couch. I dropped to my knees for a moment, I swear I forgot to breathe. I closed his eyes before composing myself and getting up. I heard crying from upstairs, so I headed up to the nursery. Crook shanks, their cat was balanced with his back paws on a chair and his front paws on Harry's crib, he was trying to figure out why the little one was crying. I looked down and saw, l-lily. Her hair was framing her face like a fire halo. I bent down and closed her eyes, then focused on Harry. He had a lighting bold shaped cut on his forehead, and he was screeching. I picked him up and soothed him until he calmed down. I knew from the moment I saw prongs, that wormtail had betrayed them. They were going to make me their secret keeper, but we knew that Voldemort would suspect me, not p-pete. I walked out of the house, holding Harry close. I was still crying, but they were angry tears. Hagrid was outside the house. He wanted Harry, and I needed to find pettigrew. I told Harry that I would be back for him, before going after pettigrew. I found him behind the house, and I chased him into a muggle town. He told me that he did it to save his own life. And I lost it. Because why kill your two best friends and try to kill their son, just to save yourself. I would've died for them. He was going to obliviate my memory of seeing him. I tried to disarm him, so in a matter of seconds he cast a blasting spell, chopped off his finger and turned into his animagus form" By the time I'm don't talking I have a few tears rolling down my face, my eyes fixed on my lap.