I missed you

Domestic fluff because of all the Angst :D

Tw: None, I don't think. Maybe a bit of blood, but it's briefly mentioned

~Remus' POV~

I step into Sirius and I's apartment, finally able to breathe for the first time in a week. I've been gone on an order mission that I was supposed to be home from a few days ago, but things came up and I ran late. I'm not sure what time it is, so I take off my muddy jacket and shoes off quietly by the door and head silently to the bathroom to take a shower. 

I look at myself in the mirror and nearly wince at all of the dirt and grime on my face. Merlin, werewolves are gross. At least I'm home now. I turn on the shower and strip down before stepping under the hot spray of water and tilting my head back to let the water run through my hair. I roll my shoulders to try and loosen some of the knots, but I'm still way too tense to get rid of the sharp ache that's constantly stabbing my shoulders. 

As I get to work making myself look and feel human again, my oversensitive ears pick up on Sirius moving around in either the bedroom or the living room. So either he's having a spat with his insomnia, or he's just moving around in his sleep like he usually does. 

When I can finally see my natural skin color, I take a deep breath. I'm home, I'm safe. Everything's okay now. I wash my hair and sigh when the water turns pink. Oh, that's great. I forgot to heal the cut above my ear. 

I wince as I clean the cut the muggle way, but it doesn't bother me too much. I finish watching my hair and get out of the shower, turning it off and reaching for my blue towel, that hangs next to Sirius' red one as normal. 

After drying my hair very carefully, I silently summon a pair of pajamas and slowly put them on, finally starting to feel the exhaustion settle in. I rub my eyes before grabbing my toothbrush and brushing my teeth absently, I can still taste the raw steak I had to eat yesterday. Not as bad as you might think, when you can't die from it. Still, it makes me painfully aware of the wolf inside of me. 

I put my blue tooth brush back in the cup, next to Sirius' red one. I then just close my eyes for a moment and breathe. Finally, I'm home. I don't even know how Sirius is going to react, I was supposed to be home four days ago. 

I sigh and hang my towel back up, throwing my dirty clothes in the hamper before heading out and turning off the light, on my way to the kitchen. A smile quirks at my lips when I see Sirius' sketchbook open on the table, with a sketch of James and Lily's cat on it. He muse have headed to bed before he got the chance to color. 

I close the book and put Sirius' pencils back into his pencil case, cleaning up the pencil shavings with a slight smile at the normalcy. Sirius never picks up after himself when he's drawing. I snap at him about it sometimes, even if I do think it's very endearing. 

I make myself a sand which and jump up on the counter, crossing my legs and staring off into space. I glance at the clock and nearly laugh when I realize it's four oclock, I've been awake for nearly twenty four hours. Fun. I got up at five this morning, or, well, yesterday morning to escape the werewolf hideout without anyone spotting me. The good news is, I think I may have got some of them to believe in the light side. Not many of them, but at least a few. This mission actually went quite smoothly, despite the time challenges. 

After finishing my sand which, I rub my eyes and head to the living room to hopefully read a chapter or two of my book, not wanting to wake Sirius up by going to bed. I sit down in my (well, our) comfortable blue chair and tuck my knees up to my chest, not used to this position in this chair because Sirius is usually in my lap or vice versa. 

I sigh and grab my book, turning on the small lamp on the end table before opening my book and settling down and letting my mind focus on something besides not fucking up. 

~Sirius' POV~

I jerk awake from a mild nightmare, immediately reaching out for Remus for comfort. My chest tightens when I realize he's not here. He might never.. No. 

I take a deep breath and count to ten slowly, doing the breathing exercises I've taught myself to lead myself away from the edge of a panic attack. When I can breathe deeply again, I turn over and press my face into Remus' pillow. It still smells like him. Woodsy cologne, dark chocolate and oranges. The scent both loosens then tension in my shoulders and makes it hard to breathe, because he's not here. 

I shake myself and sit up, rubbing my eyes. Another sleepless night, great. I take a drink from the water bottle on my bedside table before getting up and stumbling to the closet to find a sweater. I decide on Remus' red quittich jumper, smiling as I hug myself and feel warmth spreading from the inside out. We've only been out of school for two years, but this hoodie and my own quittich hoodie that Remus has a tendency to steal bring back so many memories. 

I head out into the hallway and pause when I see a light on in the living room. My steps get lighter and I silently summon my wand, peeking around the corner to look into the living room. 

My heart stops when I see Remus sitting there, curled up in our cuddle chair with a book in his lap. His hair is wet and overgrown, falling into his eyes. A smile quirks on my lips as I watch him flick his hair out of his face, too distracted to spell it dry. Merlin, I love him. 

You may expect me to scream his name and run toward him like in the movies, but Remus and I have never been like that. He's so sweet and gentle and I've always been about privatizing our love life, we're just not about loud reuniting. So, I walk forward slowly and slide my arms gently around Remus' neck from behind, pressing a kiss to his temple when he jumps like he's going to grab his wand. 

"Hey, Baby." I say in a soft voice, watching Remus' lips turn up in a smile as he turns his head to kiss me. I press my lips to his, hugging his neck tight. 

~Remus' POV~

My heart aches when Sirius grips my tighter. That tells me that he really was worried, he only ever squeezes me after the moon or when I get home from a mission. I reach up and put my hand on his arm, squeezing gently. 

I pull back after a moment and kiss Sirius' cheek, moving so I can sit cross legged in the chair. "Come 'ere, love," I smile when Sirius near immediately crawls into my lap, practically just a bundle of my quittich hoodie. 

~Sirius' POV~

"It's been so long, why do you love this thing so much?" Remus laughs, tracing the fading letters of the word 'seeker' on my back. I smile and press my face into his chest. 

"Because it's warm and it smells like you. Don't judge me, you wear mine too," I say, mesmerized at the dark blush that spreads over Remus' cheeks. 

"Okay, that's diff-" But he can't finish, because I can't help but kiss him when he looks so soft. I let out a soft noise when Remus curls his fingers into my hair, pulling my closer by my waist. My hands frame his face, traveling down his neck to rest around his shoulders. 

We pull away after a few moments, grinning like idiots as we rest our foreheads together and just stare dramatically into each other's eyes. 

"I missed you so much." I whisper after a few moments of silence, nearly wincing once the words are out of my mouth. That's never something I wouldn't normally admit to. Remus just pulls me closer, pushing his hands up under my sweatshirt to rest on my bare waist. 

"I know, Ri." He kisses my nose. "I missed you too." 

~

This is short, I'm not good at writing fluff. 

also, Remus playing quittich is my religion.