Cupcake

"So if I grow taller than you, then you'll marry me?" "In your dreams, short ass." 

Also known as, the one where Remus has growth spurt. 

~Fifth year, 3rd POV~

Remus is the smallest marauder. He's only five foot five. Siriuss is the tallest, at five eleven, James is next at five ten, and Peter is five six. Remus is just small. He is tiny and quiet, and he's dating the loudest, most annoying person that he had ever met. 

~Remus' POV~

"Where you goin', cupcake?" I sigh when a very drunk Sirius calls out for me, turning on my heel. 

"To bed, Ri." I answer. Sirius gets up and walks over to me, pulling me to his chest by my waist. I can smell the fire whiskey on his breath and it makes me shiver. I'm not the soberest myself, but Sirius is, well, smashed. 

"Oh c'mon baby, just hang out with us for a while!" Sirius protests, and I smile secretly as he bends to kiss the top of my head. "Pleaaaasse? It's no fun without youuuuu," 

"Oh, fine." I say, tucking my arms around Sirius' waist and pressing my face to his chest to smell something other than the alcohol on his breath. 

Sirius just chuckles and scoops me up with his arm under my knees. Usually I would protest, but the moon was a couple of days ago and I'm really sleepy. Also, school is about to end. That would be the reason for the loud fucking music and the fact that people from all houses are crowded in the Gryffindor common room. 

I settle beside Sirius on the couch, tucked into his side with my head on his shoulder as someone hands me another drink. I look at who is giving me the drink and relax when I see that it's James. I gratefully take the drink, pulling my knees up to my chest. 

James sits beside us and he and Sirius get to talking, then something comes up. "Are you ever going to get married, mate?" James asks Sirius. My heart starts to pound, but stay relaxed against sirius' side, closing my eyes as he runs his hand up and down my arm. 

"I don't think I could marry someone shorter than me," Sirius is obviously joking, but the words spark a fire in me. I lift my head slightly sleepily and look at Sirius, tilting my head. 

"So if I get taller than you, you'll marry me?" I ask, and I'm joking as well but I want to know. Sirius laughs, throwing his head back and gripping my arm in a way that makes me giggle as well. 

"Sure, short ass. If you grow taller than me, I'll marry you." And then he kisses me, but we're both too busy laughing to actually pay attention to it. Sirius and I only got together a couple of months ago, we're not actually thinking about marriage. But, it's fun to think about sometimes. 

~a few days later, Remus' POV~

I wake up on the train to sirius' hand on my shoulder, and his soft lips pressed against my cheek. "Hey, babydoll. It's time to wake up," I groan and cover my face, Hiding in Sirius' jacket that I can't remember putting on. 

"Nuu.." Is my eloquent protest as I make grabby hands for my boyfriend, not wanting to get up just yet. I smile when Sirius lifts me up without protest, pressing my face into his shoulder. "Don' wanna go home.." 

"I know." I hear a heavy sigh in Sirius' words as he sits down with me in his lap. For a moment, I just listen to his heartbeat. "But, I'll wrote you every day. I promise."

I lift my head up and kiss Sirius soundly on the mouth. "You'll be okay." I murmur, because we both know I'm the only one that can see past his blank mask. I push my fingers into his hair and lean out foreheads together. "And the next time you see me, I'll be taller than you. So when we're finally away, from our families, you'll marry me." 

"Oh, moony." Sirius smiles, and it makes my insides weak. "It'll be a cold day in hell when you're taller than me." 

We both collapse into giggles. 

~a few months later, Sirius' pov~

I sigh as I climb on the train. Finally away from my stupid family and back with my boyfriend. As I put my trunk away, I feel someone jump on my back and I grin. 

"Moony!" I laugh, tucking my hands under Remus' legs. The scent of oranges washes over my as Remus presses his face into my neck, hugging my shoulders. "Hmm," I hum. "You feel a bit taller. Five eight, maybe?" I joke. 

I feel a teasing bite on my ear, and then a low voice that must belong to Remus whispers. "Try Six two." 

I gasp. "No fucking way." 

Remus jumps down, and I whirl around to look at my- 

Oh holy fuck he's gorgeous.

It's obviously Remus. Amber brown eyes, beautiful freckles and a slightly crooked smile due to a scar on his upper lip. But there are so many other things different. He's taller, obviously. Tanner, healthier sink like he's been going outside more, slightly overgrown hair that falls into his eyes, broad shoulders and muscular arms, oh god he's been working out-

"Ri?" I can hardly breathe as Remus backs me up against the wall, his arm above my head. "Where's my ring?" And then he's kissing me, and my stomach twists in all of the best ways as I pull him closer by his waist. 

We pull away, and we're both grinning messes. "I would have married you before, cupcake." I chuckle, framing Remus' face in my hands as I leads his appearance all over again. "I guess you growing just made it official." 

And then we're kissing again. 

~fin~

I know this is really short but it was just such a cute concept and I had to do something with it ahhh-