Emotionless.. Right?

Part two to this fucking angst fest, here we go. 

This starts directly after the first one (Emotionless) 

((Tw PLEASE READ: Breakups, violence, assassins, knives, past child abuse (mental verbal and s*xual), underage drinking (theyre eighteen), self hatred, smoking (weed), mentions of illegal drug testing, and others. Tell me if I need to add more

~Sirius' POV~

I chase after Remus, all of the hushed murmurs and scared shouts blending together in my ears. The only thing on my mind is making sure he's okay. 

He's not. He's obviously not okay, and I couldn't hear what Greyback said but it obviously fucked Remus up because he just broke Alastors nose. 

I follow Remus up to the roof, watching his careful expression as he shoves a piece of paper into the alarm so it won't go off. He opens the door and steps through, leaving it open. I take that as an invitation, slipping through the crack and propping the door open with my knife. 

"Re.." I say, my voice carefully soft and gentle. Remus sits down, his legs dangling off the edge of the building and his scarred fingers gripping it. 

"Shh." Is Remus' only reply. I walk slowly forward, sitting next to him silently and crossing my legs. I glance over to look at Remus' face, and he quickly turns his head so I can't see- but I do. There are tears falling down his cheeks, making his usually hard and bright amber eyes shine in the light of the street lamp that I can almost reach out and touch. It makes my chest ache, seeing him so upset. 

I reach out and gently wrap my hand around Remus' arm, but he flinches away. My eyebrows crease, I thought we were past that. But we can take it slower. I put my hand down and rest my fingers gently over Remus'. 

Remus is breathing shakily and his fingers are trembling. He may want me to be quiet, but the demons in his head surely won't shut up. 

"Tell me five things you can see." I say softly, making Remus jump at the sudden noise. 

"What?" He looks slightly annoyed, but I stay calm. 

"Five things you can see, Moony."  I say again, and Remus rolls his eyes, about to protest. "Just humor me. Please?" 

Remus nods. "Um," He looks around. "The street lamp, a police car, a graffiti artist, a house with Christmas lights up and a stray dog." His voice is shaky and uneven, but he gets through it. I smile. 

"Good. Four things you can hear," 

"Besides the voices in my head, or does that count?" I'm not sure if that's a joke or not. 

"Besides that," I answer, and Remus nods. He stays silent for a few moments. 

"That same dog barking at the graffiti artist, police sirens, the shouts of both or our names from inside probably coming from James, and the buzzing from the ac," I tilt my head and find that I can also hear James calling for us. I take a deep breath. 

"Three things you can feel," I prompt, noticing that Remus has stopped trembling for the most part. 

"Bricks, my shirt painfully rubbing against my chest, and your hand, which is unusually warm," Remus answers, easier this time. 

"Two things you can smell,"

"Cinnamon and sawdust," I tilt my head at the second one, and Remus absently points to a tree being cut down a block away. 

"Alright, honey," I pause for a moment at the way Remus tenses at the name instead of relaxes. "One thing you can taste."

"Blood." At my concerned look, Remus shrugs. "What? I bit my lip too hard."