Transformations

~Sirius POV~
I wake up to Remus, shaking in my arms. I tighten my grip around his waist and run one hand through his hair.

"Shh, baby it's okay. I got you" I whisper soothingly in his ear. He wakes up with a jolt. I stroke his hair gently.

"Shh, you're okay sweetheart, it's okay" I reassure the shaking boy in my arms. Remus eventually calms down, relaxing into my gentle embrace. I plant a lingering kiss on his forehead.

"I love you" I murmur softly against his forehead.

"I love you too" Remus whispers shakily. I pet his hair out of his honey brown eyes. His eyes that are usually filled with quiet sarcasm and laughter are tired and dull. He's in pain and I can tell. I just pull the taller boy closer, humming softly. He sighs, laying his head against my chest again.

"Babe, class" Remus whispers.

"Do we have to? You're clearly in pain" I mumble, tightening my grip around his waist.

"We have tests in transfiguration and History of Magic today, so yes. Also, yeah, I'm in pain but whatever, the full is tomorrow, not today. You can coop me up in here all day tomorrow, not that I'm complaining but I'm going to be restless if you keep me here for two days" Remus explains, sitting up. A small whine escapes my throat. I sit up behind the werewolf and wrap my arms tightly around his waist.

"I'm not cooping you up here, you need sleep and you definitely don't need the stress of tests on you right now. You can come to classes today, but I'm taking care of you tomorrow. Don't even try to protest" I murmur, sweetly kissing the side of his neck a few times before letting him go. Remus stands up and walks to his own bed.

We both quickly get dressed for classes. He hands me my bag, which I almost forgot. I peck him on the lips.

"Thanks, love" I say before walking out, Remus closely behind. Once we're in the hall I grab his hand, rubbing circles on it reassuringly.

Once to transfiguration, moony and I sit next to each other, right behind James and Peter. I grab my boyfriend's hand under the table. He's right handed and I'm left handed, so we can hold hands and do work at the same time. As professor McGonagall is passing out the tests, she hands us ours last on purpose. I see her crouch down beside Remus, laying a hand on his back. I'm close enough to hear their quiet conversation.

"Remus, you can take today off if you need to"

"I'm okay, professor"

"Okay, but don't even think about classes tomorrow"

"Sirius already made that point clear" Remus chuckles, begining his test. McGonagall straightens and looks at me.

"You're off tomorrow too, Sirius" She says quietly. Then she mouths four words to me. Take care of him. Her hand still rests on my boyfriend's back. I look back at her and mouth: I always do. She takes her hand off of his back and walks to her desk, sitting down an looking over some essays. I go back to my test, still rubbing Remus' wrist with gentle strokes.

After transfiguration is potions. Damn.

During potions Remus looks like he's going to be sick, he's even more pale than this morning and he hasn't spoken all class. I grab his hand under our desk.

"Baby what's wrong?" I whisper. We sit in the way back so no one can hear us.

"Sense of smell is getting to me" Is all Remus has to say for me to understand. The potion ingredients are overpowering. I just rub the back of his hand, scooting as close as possible to him. I move our intertwined hands to his lap, hoping that bit of affection can motivate him a bit.