If He Got The Trial He Deserved

~Sirius POV~
They're gone. Peteigrew. He ratted them out. I'm innocent. No. This can't be happening. What about Remus? The full moon is in a couple of days.

I see someone walking towards the small cell I'm being kept in. Dumbledore

"Hello Sirius"

"Sir, you have to believe me, please" I plead

"Sirius, they are willing to hold a trial for you. You will have to be in front of the whole wizgamont and will be under verttiserum. Do you agree to their standards?"

"Anything that can get me out of here, and back to Harry and my husband. Is Harry okay?"

"He is with his mothers sister at the moment"

"Petunia? I'm sorry sir but she didn't give a damn about lily. Is Remus okay? Where is he?"

"I assure you that Mr. Lupin is quite alright"

"When will my trial be?"

"Tomorrow morning at 9:00, now I suggest you get some sleep Sirius"

"I don't think I can but I'll try, see you tomorrow sir. If you see Remus tell him I love him"

"Will do Sirius"

~Remus POV~
They're gone. Sirius did it. No he wouldn't. He wouldn't do that to James and Lily or peter. I can't sleep without him.

I hear the doorbell and run to the door to see Dumbledore standing there.

"What do you need sir?" I ask as politely as I can

"I would like to inform you that your husband's trial will be held tomorrow at 9:00 am"

"Thank you very much sir"

"I've talked to Sirius and he wanted me to tell you he loves you"

I nod my head "thank you sir"

"I suggest you get some sleep my boy, or try to"

"I'll try, goodnight sir"

"Goodnight Remus"

I walk back into our flat and lay on the couch. I cant bring myself to lay in the bed. I'll just dissolve into a puddle of tears.

~Back to sirius~
I walk over to the small cot in the corner of the room and sit on it, my back against the wall. I reach up towards my neck and grab the chain with a silver star on it. It's warm, do I know Remus is okay. I kiss the star and whisper

"I love you Re, I'm so sorry. I'll be home soon baby" With that I lay down on the uncomfortable cot and stare at the ceiling. After a while fall into an uneasy sleep. My my nightmares we're riddled with images of James with his glasses askew and his wand left on the couch. Of Lily, her flaming red hair framing her face almost like a halo. And of Harry in the crib, crying, a lighting shaped cut on his forehead.

After having continuous nightmares, I have one good dream. I see Remus holding Harry with my arms around his waist and my head on his shoulder. It will be like this soon. I think.

I bolt up on bed. My breaths are rapid and I'm crying slightly. I looks through the bars of my cell to look at the clock on the wall. 8: 00, about an hour until my trial. I decide to just lay on the cot and stare at the ceiling.

After an hour I hear footsteps approaching my cell. I sit up and look at he bars.

"Sirius" An aurour says

"Yes"

Two aurours walk into my cell and put handcuffs on me. I don't struggle. Knowing resistance is futile. They each take one of my arms and we walk out of the small, cramped room. We walk down a long Hall and end up in front of a steel door. One of the aurours opens the door and we walk in. The first thing I do is lift my head to look for Remus. I spot him staring back at me. He looks like he hasn't slept in days. I see him mouth I love you and believe you