96

Zak is looking at some recipes on-line, but it feels like he's reading Latin.  A knock came to the door and Zak got up to see his sister Rachel at the door.  "Hey Zak, I thought I'd return Gracie to you before my sons adopt her"she remarked.  "Thanks" as she came in.  "All right what's going on?" as she took off her coat.  "I swear you can read me like a book sometimes"Zak replied. 

"Considering we're twin yeah".  "I want to make dinner for mom for her birthday but reading a recipe is like reading Latin to me"he replied.  "How about this I teach you how to make something and when mom's birthday comes around, I'll be your sous chef".  "You have got to stop watching those cooking shows"Zak stated.  "Come on Zak let's figure out what you want to make mom for dinner and figure it out from there"she remarked.  "All right".  As the days passed Rachel taught Zak how to cook something than the basic.

"What do you think of the sauce?" as she took a taste of it.  "A pinch more salt"she replied.  "All right question who am I making this for?"Zak inquired.  The doorbell rang and Zak went to get it.  At the door were the guys.  "Hey thanks for inviting us over for dinner"Aaron said.  Zak walks over to Rachel as the guys got drinks.  "I thought we could feed the guys but not telling them you made it" Rachel suggested.  "Something smells awesome Zak" Jay stated. 

As you set the table Zak feels nervous.  "Zak relax think of this as your final exam"Rachel remarked.  "All right guys dinner is served".  The guys sat down as Rachel passed it around.  "All right guys dig in".  "You have any Zak?".  "Later".  They guys dug in and after it was done Rachel asked what they thought.  "It was great just like mom makes" Billy replied.  "I mean even the pasta wasn't overdone like my dad's does it"Aaron replied.  "Who cook this Rachel?"Jay inquired.  "Zak did I just cut the veggies for the sauce". 

"Zak giving up the paranormal and start a restaurant" Aaron replied as Zak laughed.  "My sister taught me how to make this sauce so I could make it for my mother for her birthday" Zak stated.  "Zak you get an A+ from all of us" Billy replied as Zak smiled.  When his mother's birthday came up Nancy was curious of why Zak want to have dinner at his house.  She knocked at the door and Rachel opened it.  "Hey mom happy birthday" as she came in. 

"Where's Zak and the boys?".  "Zak is upstairs changing and I roped Aaron and Amber into watching the kids for the night" she replied. "With the energy those boys have they should get a human hamster wheel and hook the boys up to save Nevada a ton of money". "I've been telling her that since Patrick was three" Zak replied coming down the stairs. 

"It's so good to see you" Nancy remarked as Zak gave her a kiss.  "So, you hungry mom dinner should be ready" Zak stated.  "Starving".  They went into the dinner room where everything was set up.  "Zakary this is beautiful and what smells so good".  "Your favorite mom just sit down, and I'll help Zak" Rachel replied.  She brought out the bread as Zak brought out the bowels. 

After dinner they went outside to enjoy the night air.  "How did you enjoy dinner mom?"Rachel asked.  "Delicious so what take out place did you get that from?" she said.  "Mom I cooked that from beginning to end"Zak replied with a smile on his face.  His mom's jaw fell to the floor.  "Seriously you wouldn't lie to me Zakary".

"Mom I taught Zak how to do that and tonight he made dinner on his own while I just cut the veggies for the sauce" Rachel stated.  Nancy went over to Zak and gave him a kiss.  "Your father would have loved this meal Zak and Rachel you taught your brother well".  "Maybe when he finishes this season, I teach him how to make chicken soup from scratch" Rachel said as they all laughed.