30

Cate is in the back of an ambulance while her new co worker is driving. "So Cate what brings you to Vegas?". "Family my cousin and aunt live here. Boston isn't bad but I was lonely for family" she replied smiling. "I can understand that" Mike remarked. Ambulance to 4th Street hit and run two victims. "God don't these people know this isn't the Indy five hundred" as the sirens went on. As they turned the corner Cate knew exactly where they were. She took a breath and got out. When they got closer she nearly fainted as she saw Aaron on the ground.

"Please don't let it be Zak" she muttered. "Over here Cate". Cate ran and saw her cousin against the fence unconscious. "Mike you do him I'll take the other guy". "Wait a minute why should I you're the newbie" he replied. She took him to the back of the ambulance. "That guy who's unconscious is my cousin Zak Bagans I can't handle it so please just do this for me"she asked trying to keep her emotions in check. "All right" and she went over to Aaron.

"I told you and Zak a thousand times to watch where you're walking" cutting his pants. "The guy came out of nowhere Zak pushed me out of the way and Zak just smashed the windshield than rolled over the car to the side of the street. I used all my strength to get him out of the road". "I think you broke your leg Aaron how's your breathing" as she felt his rib cage. "😠!!" Aaron yelled. "I think you broke some ribs too". Mike came over.

"Your cousin is in bad shape he's needs to go to the hospital" Mike replied. "Pack him up and I'll get Aaron in too"she remarked. As she helped Aaron into the ambulance Zak was put in. "All right Mike gun it"she called out. "Got it" and they left. Aaron watched as she checked on Zak. "How is he?"Aaron said. "His blood pressure is low, he may have a partially collasped lung and he may have a skull fracture too" checking his pupil. "Mike punch it he has a blown pupil!"she yelled. "Cate is Zak dying?". "Not on my watch"Cate stated.

When they got to the hospital she helped Aaron into a wheel chair as they took Zak in. "Now it's up to the doctors" as Cate opened her phone. "Aunt Nancy it's Cate I thought you should know that Zak was hit by a car and he's in the hospital right now. I was the one who took care of him and in the ambulance all right" and hung up. She wiped the tears away as Mike gave her a hug. "You did good considering it was family" he stated.

"Thanks Mike let's clean this mess and get going" she replied. A week passed and Cate went to see her cousin. As she walked in Aaron was visiting Zak. "Hey guys". "Hey it's our hero" Aaron stated. "I'm glad both of you are doing all right" she replied pulling up a chair. "I'll let you visit Cate I'll see you later" and Aaron got on his crutches and left. "How you feeling Zak?". "Considering I had to have brain surgery to have a blood clot removed I'm good,"he replied.

"Aaron told me you were one of the EMTS that was on the scene". "Yeah I was scared that I would have to tell your mom you died because some driver decided not to stop" she stated. "Aaron said you were good with checking on me while I was unconscious never broke down". "After I knew you were in good hands I called Aunt Nancy told her what happened than I broke down I honestly thought you were going to die" she replied wiping tears from her face. Zak gave her a hug and told her that thanks to her and her partner he'd be all right.