25

You're throwing Zak a birthday party with all his friends and family.  While at the party Zak is having fun with the kids especially your two sons Derek and John.  "Sometimes I feel like I have three kids when Zak comes to the house"you tell your mother.  "I think it's because you and I are the only family Zak has here in Las Vegas" your mother suggested.  "Thanks mom" as you sit on the chair.  "Is William still bugging you for visitation". 

"Yeah but I told him he has to stop gambling if he wants to see the kids.  I almost lost the house if Zak didn't help me out" you replied.  "Come on why don't we get the birthday boy in the house".  Inside while everyone is eatting Zak sees you outside patting Gracie.  He comes outside with a slice of cake for you. "Thanks" you said as Zak sat next to me.

"Why so down it's my birthday party" he asked.  "It just got me thinking of the future and if William will ever stop gambling to be a father to his children, but I don't want William near them until he gets that monkey off his back" you remarked.  "I know that William's habit almost left out on the street".  "Zak I'm forever grateful for what you did for me and the boys I just wish there was someway I could thank you" giving him a hug. 

"Just having you here in Las Vegas makes me happy I swear being around the boys makes me feel so good"Zak said with a smile.  "Well why don't we get in the house so you can open your gifts".  Inside Zak was opening his gifts untill you give Zak an envelope.  "What's this?"Zak asked.  "Open it knucklehead".  Zak opened it and when he read it tears started to fall down his face.  "Zakary what it is?"his mother asked. 

Zak got up and gave you a hug.  "Thank you" he whispered in your ear.  After everyone had left Zak was in his room when Aaron came in.  "I just wanted to say good-bye". "Thanks for coming man".  "I got to ask you what did Y/N give you that brought you to tears"Aaron asked.  "It was a note that said that in the event of my sister dying custody of John and Derek would go to me".  "So you'll have custody of your nephews if your sister passes away" Aaron remarked.  "Yeah I love being with them and Y/N doesn't mind that when I need a pick up I can come over just hang out with them even help Derek with his homework".  "You have a great sister" Aaron stated.  "Yeah".