22

Sammie is walking around a trail when a dog comes running over to her. "Hello sweetie what's your name and where's your master?". The dog looks well kept and loved but with no license on her she had to bring her to the shelter. She went over to the dog and put her belt on the collar. When she got to the shelter the dog didn't want to go in.  "I know you don't want to go in but I can't take you home with me" Sammie remarked.

The dog gave in and walked in. "Hello how-oh my god Gracie" she stated. "You know this dog?" Sammie said. "You don't know Gracie Bagans her owner has been looking for her since someone took her from Zak's car a few weeks ago" she replied. "Well I should get going" Sammie stated. "Wait you can't go Zak has a reward out for finding Gracie. Let me call him". At his house Zak was looking out the window holding one of Gracie's chew toy.

"Zak why don't you have something to eat" his mother said. "I'm not hungry" Zak replied. "Stop worrying Zak they'll find her". "It's been three weeks I feel like I'll never see Gracie again"Zak said tearing up.  The phone rang and his mother picked it up. "Hello hold on please Zak". He walked over and took the phone. "What you found her I'll be right down" and hung up.

"Someone brought in Gracie she's at that shelter I go to" he stated. At the shelter Gracie was eating as Sammie sat there. When Zak came in he saw the teenager sitting there with bruises and a black eye. "Sammie you found Gracie?" as he walked over. "Yeah". "What happened to you. Where's your mother?" he asked.  "Court ordered rehab" Sammie replied "Where's Malcolm?" he asked. Tears fell down her face as she whispered something in his ear. "Oh my god let call your uncle Jay". His mother came in and saw Zak on the phone.

"What's taking so long?". "Just a little detour Jay's niece Sammie found Gracie and it looks like her step father's been abusing her"Zak remarked   "Poor child where's her mother?".  "Court ordered rehab I called Jay to come get her" Zak replied. Jay showed up as they came out with Gracie. "Uncle Jay" Sammie remarked hugging him.  "Oh my god Sammie why didn't you come to me?".

"I was scared that Malcolm would find me there and hurt you" she remarked tearing up. "Jay if you want to stay with me untill Malcolm's behind bars" Zak suggested.  "Thanks Zak" Jay replied.  Zak got into his car as Jay followed them back to Zak's house.