48

Julia is walking around listening to her music when she notices a dog leaving a 'gift' on her neighbor's lawn. She runs towards the dog but it runs away as her neighbor comes out. "That dog that's the third time she's done that. I've allready called the animal control to get that dog" she replied in a angry tone. "Let me get a shovel and I'll pick up that mess" Julia stated. As she gets a shovel a man comes over. "Excuse me". "How can I help you?" Julia asked.

"It's embrassasing but I'm watching my friend's dog while he's out of town and she got out. I've been looking for her but can't seem to find her. If my friend finds out I lost his dog I should just change my name, get plastic surgery and move because he will kill me". "What does the dog look like maybe I've seen her"Julia remarked.

As he describes the dog she couldn't believe it. "I think your friend's dog has been leaving 'gifts' on my neighbor's lawn "she replied. "Do you know which way she went?". "No but you better find her before animal control does. They can fine her owner for letting the dog run wild"she said. "I can't let that happen can you help me find her before the cops do". "Let me help my neighbor" she remarked. After that they went looking for the dog. "Gracie come on sweetie"the man said. "Cute name".

"Her owner named her after his grandmother"he replied. "Come on I see the animal control vehicle". They run over as they had the dog cornered. "Gracie"the man called out and ran over to him. "You naughty girl why did you sneak off?". "Is this your dog sir?". "I'm watching her for her owner look she snuck out under my watch I'll make sure I keep a better eye on her"he remarked. "That dog has been using ceretain people's lawn as her bathroom. Her owner will have to pay a heafty fine for what his dog did so untill he pays the fine that dog is going to jail". "Look how much will the fine be".

"About five hundred dollars"the officer said. "Isn't that a little steep considering she just peed and pooped on the grasses". "And her license has been expired for three weeks and she's unleashed" the cop explained. "How about I write a check to pay for the whole thing"Julia stated. "We can't accept checks you have to go down to the police station to pay the fines". "Or maybe I should give old mayor Goodman a call and tell him that animal control is making up bogus fines"Julia stated.

The guys looked at each other and told them that all the fines were gone the owner just has to get the license renewed and they left. "Thanks". "No problem just tell Zak when he gets back about the license. Bye Gracie" and the girl left. When they got back Zak was getting out of the car. "Hey Billy how was everything". "Well Gracie decided to disappear and I went to find her with help from a woman named Julia"Billy stated. "Julia Goodman nice girl knows how to use her family name"Zak remarked. "What do you mean Zak?".

"Her grandfather use to be the mayor of Las Vegas how do you think we got to do that last investigation at the Rivera before it was knocked down" Zak replied as they went in. "You mean Oscar Goodman wasn't he a mob lawyer". "Not anymore considering but he was"Zak remarked. "I'm surprise I didn't make the connection" Billy stated. "She only uses her grandfather's connection in special curaminstances Billy so consider yourself lucky"Zak replied. "Before I forget you need to renew Gracie dog license". "Thanks for telling me see thanks again Billy" Zak said.