66

Zak is wrapping some gifts when his girlfriend comes over.  "Are you wrapping one of mine gifts?" she asked nibbling his neck.  "They're for my nephews"he replied.  "Really are we still going skiing?".  "Of course I'm going to drop them off than we'll go to Vail to ski and some fun too" winking.  A couple of days passed and Zak was getting his gifts together when his girlfriend walked in. 

Gracie walked over and sniffed her which made his girlfriend push Gracie away.  "Get away you flea bag once I marry Zak you're going right back to where Zak got you"she replied as Zak came down.  "You ready to go".  "Yup"she replied.  "Gracie come here sweetie" and put a leash on her. "Zak don't tell me you're taking Gracie with us?" she asked annoyed.  "My sister and my nephews are watching her they love having Gracie over," Zak remarked.  Then the phone rang. 

"Hello Rachel how are you? What!  Are you guys all right?  Yeah I'll be right there" and hung up.  "Zak what's wrong?".  "My sister and her sons are in the hospital a truck struck them as they were coming to get Gracie.  One of my nephews is in surgery I'm sorry but I can't go to Vail" Zak apologize. 

"Zakary you always do this.  It's either your job or your family where do I fit in".  "You knew what you were in for when you decided to date me.  Look my family means a lot to me especially since I'm still having a tough time dealing with my father's death"Zak remarked. "Zak it's been a year get over it" she replied.  "You know what I'm seeing the true side of you and don't think I didn't hear you talking to Gracie.  Why don't you get out of here and out of my life" Zak stated. 

"You'll regret this Bagans" and she left.  At the hospital Rachel was in a room with Matthew.  "It's all right sweetie Patrick will be all right".  "Uncie" Matthew remarked.  Rachel looked and saw Zak.  "Zak I thought you were spending Christmas in Vail skiing with your girlfriend". "Let's just say I saw her true face how's Patrick?" Zak asked.  "His spleen ruptured, lung collasped, internal bleeding, and he may have a skull fracture.  Zak what if-". 

"Don't say those words Rachel he'll be fine don't forget our vision we saw, (FYI Read FATHER FIGURE to know what they're talking about)"Zak stated as he hugged his sister.  "What about you and Matthew?". "Matthew broke his arm they're keeping him over night to make sure he doesn't have a concussion and me I broke some ribs and my leg" showing Zak her cast under the blanket. 

"Look when you and the kids are released you're going to stay with me no arguments" Zak insisted.  "What about your show?". "We're on winter break and when I have to go back on the road so to speak mom will take over all right"Zak replied.  "Thanks Zak" giving him a hug.  When Patrick finally came out of surgery he saw his uncle Zak looking out the window. "Uncle Zak what are you doing here where's mom?".  "In her room asleep her pain medication knocked her out" he replied sitting next to his nephew. 

"How's Matthew?".  "Fine they're keeping him overnight to make sure he doesn't have a concussion" Zak remarked.  "What about Christmas I know we won't be home for it".  "Don't worry Santa will figure something out now why don't you relax".  Patrick smiled as he fell back to sleep.   On Christmas Eve night Zak got all the present together and put them in his car. 

When Patrick woke up the next morning he saw gifts on the window sill.  "Wow".  Then Zak came in with his mom and Matthew in his mother's lap.  "Merry Christmas guys"he stated as they saw the gifts.  "Look at what Santa did mom he brought our gifts to us" Patrick replied with a smile. "I have a little surprise I had to bribe a couple of nurses with tickets to the haunted museum to do it". 

He clapped his hands and out from under the bed Gracie appeared which made them laugh.  After all the gifts were opened Zak told Patrick what he told his mother.  "That's great Uncle Zak" he replied.  "And Rachel my gift to you is that if your health insurance doesn't pay for any of Patrick's rehab I'll cover it".  "Thanks Zak"she replied as she gave Zak a hug.