Chapter 36

SIDE

. . .

Travis' POV

"Just wait and watch me until I finish the game, alright?" I looked at him for a second as he slowly nodded his head in approval. Hindi man sang-ayon sa kanyang pagkibo ay nagtungo na ako sa gitna ng palaruan.

I turned my gaze at him for the last time before the third match started.

He looks... tired.

But why did he suddenly tired? Did something happened when I'm playing? I saw a girl talking to him earlier. Is that the reason why?

The third match has started already. But my consciousness isn't focused at the game right now... but to Avery.

Buong oras ng laro ay hindi na ako natuon sa paglalaro kundi sa kanyang iniisip. Ilang beses kong binabaling-baling sa kanya ang paningin ko sa bawat minuto subalit isang ekspresyon lamang ang nakikita kong lumalabas sa kanyang mga mata.

Sakit.

I don't know how many hours have passed hanggang sa mapansin ko na lamang na tapos na pala ang laban. I looked up for a moment to see the final scores and smiled when I saw the numbers written on the screen.

49 - 62.

In favor of us. We won.

I smiled brightly and shifted my gaze to Avery's direction. He was also looking at me but still wearing that painful expression. I sighed. What's the problem with him? Is he sick? Is that why he was a bit late a while ago?

And then suddenly, something came up inside my mind. Tsk, that Harry the platipus. How dare he touches my Avery? And not only touched him, he even let his dirty body get touched by Avery's hands! F*ck his stupid, smug face forever. Ipag-swimming ko siya sa maruming kanal eh.

I was about to start making my way up to his place when suddenly something unexpectedly happened that made my mind stopped for a second.

"Hmmm..." she moaned as she wrapped her hands on my nape. My forehead furrowed.

Who the f*ck is this?

I was about to stop the kiss when something caught my sight—which made me stunned to move my feet.

Avery... Avery's crying.

He wiped the tears falling from his eyes and started to walk away. I panicked.

I can hear the loud cheering of the students around me but I didn't care anymore. I pulled the woman away from me and tried to follow Avery's steps but the people started to congratulate me until I got stucked in front of a crowd. I frowned.

"Can you f*cking stop?!" galit na galit kong hiyaw sa harap ng maraming tao. Lahat naman ay natigilan marahil sa biglaang pagsigaw ko. I angrily broke into the crowd and marched away from them so I could follow Avery. The fear that enveloped me grew even bigger when I failed to even see a single part of Avery. I felt nervous.

He... he can't possibly just leave me, right?

I immediately ran out of the campus. While running, I couldn't help but to think of what had happened inside the school back then.

Did... he cried because I was kissing someone? Is he jealous? or...

Is he finally starting to feel something special about me?

My heart suddenly beat erratically. I can't help but to not stop thinking of what's currently playing inside my mind. I know I'm jumping into conclusions but... there's a small part of me that wants to hope for that moment.