Chapter 2: The Ballroom

My birthday is in 2 days and I'm extremely excited, friends the people I call family were to arrive. Although I wasn't royalty, Frigga has been very persuasive in asking Odin to celebrate it. He may have not been extremely happy about it but he gave in. Which I was grateful for.

      Thor had been nonstop been talking about it, how I was growing up, and how I was, as he would put it, "less annoying with age." He had about 6 years more than I did with life under his belt, which I couldn't say wasn't useful when I needed wise advice.

"Y/N you are going to have fun! Stop being so nervous! You're going to meet extremely handsome men, eat amazing food, and you get to wear exquisite dresses!" Frigga and Thor were trying to get me to get excited about my birthday but I couldn't seem to let loose. I guess they were right, I did get to have one night all about me.

"I have laid out this exceptionally gorgeous dress for you! You have to show me before hand okay?" Frigga said to me enthusiastically. She was smiling brightly, so kindly.

"I will, I promise, now go so I can get ready!" I said smiling as she giddily skipped out of the room clapping.

The gown was absolutely beautiful. It was long, going past my feet on the floor. I would have to wear heels so I wouldn't trip over it. The dress had been a magnificent dark green, I decided to pair it with some simple, gold heels, making sure to not be too flashy, but just enough to feel my confidence rising. I walked out into the hallways just outside my door before hearing Frigga gasp.

"Oh Y/N! You look perfect dear! Just as I had imagined." She slightly teared up trying not to let her emotions show. I went in for a hug and she hugged back even tighter.

"Okay, now let's get you to that celebration." She pulled away smiling from ear to ear. We walked to the ballroom where Thor began trotting over, overjoyed to see you. He hugged you tightly and smiled.

"Lady Y/N! You clean up nicely. You should see yourself when we train." He tried to hide a brotherly smile but failed.

"Ha-ha, so funny. Says the one that can't seem to win against, said girl." You smirked to yourself, punching his arm lightly as he tried to protest. Though I didn't stay long enough to listen before my gaze had been drawn to the very familiar boy.

Loki

His raven hair just above his shoulders, wearing a black fitted suit with hints of green on the trim. His eyes were cold, bored, staring at the book he, once again, had in his hands. He sat just opposite of his mother, but not that I had noticed.

I reached the table were everyone seemed to be sitting and Thor gestured for you to sit next to him, Fandral, Sif, and Volstagg. Before I had even noticed, Odin had stood, raising a glass to the age of my maturity. Which everyone had done and cheered.

People soon got to talking and I couldn't help but noticed people were dancing, although I didn't know how to dance. No one cared much to teach me. So I stood and watched at Thor and Volstagg danced humorously, clearly having the best time. Everyone had seemed to have a dance partner, even Frigga and Odin had been dancing.

     You didn't even notice a lonesome Loki staring at the ballroom full of dancing people and then to you.

In a matter of seconds he was standing next to you, not saying a word just, there.

"Shouldn't you be dancing," He suddenly announced, scaring you just a little, and then continued.

"It is your birthday after all." He seemed genuine yet cruel with his words.

"I don't like dancing. I would prefer reading or training. Although you also seem to not be dancing, why?" I asked, trying to understand why he had come over if only to taunt me. Though he did seem taken back by my response.

"I don't like celebrations." he replied with no thought behind it. He stopped talking, wishing to not speak again, or to be spoken to.

"If anyone asks, can you let them know I had headed off to bed? I wouldn't want them to worry." I had asked, he nodded in confusion when I started turning to go to the garden I had been longing for.

Peace. The quietness I had always loved had soon been interrupted by the raven haired man sitting quietly on the bench in front of me, still holding the book he refused to look up from.

"Why are you always out here? I admit, its nice but every evening?" he then said still not looking up from his book.

"Its peaceful. It lets me relax and keep out of my thoughts. What about you? Why the library?" I said before looking up and seeing no one, he had left after I had answered his question. Not staying for more than what he asked for.

Once again you were alone, and the silence you had once became accustom to, became deafening and almost lonely.