Chapter 51: Pretend

"How are we going to do this?" You asked him while taking off the necklace and uncloaking it. He took it in his hands and stared at it.

"Just go. I'll take care of things here." Strange urged. You paused and waited for a moment, panic grew in the pit of your stomach.

"Stephen-" strange looked to you, your brows furrowed and shoulders tensed. His gaze soften.

"I'm going to be okay, get out of here before it s too late." He says quietly, but reassuringly. His comforting gaze only lead you to one thought.

You looked to the aliens, and then to Loki, who sat, almost unconscious in the grasp of another. You looked back to strange, whose gaze never left yours.

"Get Loki to the compound." You urgently stated. Strange nodded, then turned back to the alien at hand.

You looked to Tony and Peter and rushed over. You grabbed ahold of Tony's shoulders while Strange and the strange man took control of the intruders.

"Please be safe." You whispered. He was unsure of what was happening but he nodded.

"Of course kiddo." He smiled and you turned to Peter. "Come back in one piece." You smiled. Peter smiled big, and nodded.

You rushed away. Not before Ebony Maw got in your way.

Wong and Strange tried to hold him back but Maw lifted several bricks from the ground and turned them into sharp points.

He sends them towards you and Strange. Wong and Strange made portals and boomeranged them back towards Maw. He moves an abandoned car to protect himself, but one spike still hits his head, creating a cut.

Strange gave you a way out, forming a portal. You quickly jumped through and the minute you did you landed on the compounds living room floor, the portal closing soon after. You groaned as your head hit the granite living room floors.

"Y/n?" Wanda rushed over as you sat up and rubbed your head.

"Ouch." You sighed. Wanda quickly inspected your wounds. Your eyes widely turned to Wanda and then to the team.

"They're coming." You stated urgently. The team looked to each other and furrowed their brows before turning back to you.

"They're all coming." You said breathlessly. You looked to Steve and then to Wanda.

"They are after Vision next...who knows how many stones they already have..." Wanda stance stiffened.

"We need to go..." you said turning to Steve. He nodded and Bucky helped you to your feet.

As you stood another portal opened. You turned around, Bucky held you with his arm, to steady your balance.

Loki walked through. Shameful. You grit your teeth and everyone turned to you.

You quickly walked to him and grabbed him by the collar of his armor, which was tattered and in shambles.

As you angrily walked away, you teleported to your room, with Loki.

As you both stood in your room you let go and walked past him before turning around.

He hung his head in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry..." he whispers. You roll your eyes and fold your arms.

"I can't believe you." You scoff. He nodded slightly and looks up to meet your gaze.

It was silent.

"Three and a half months." You claim. Loki nods and you grow angry.

"That's how long you left me in the dark." You whispered angrily.