Chapter 37: Different

Everyone rushed outside. Thor was hand and hand with you, dragging you to the quinjet. Large crowds of people stormed the planets streets. Your eyes widened as you saw people with the Hulks face plastered everywhere.

Thor and the woman began talking about a plan over in the front of the ship. Bruce slowly walked over to you while you stared out into the street.

"Are you alright?" He asked while he fixed his glasses. You turned to him and smiled softly.

"Yeah, yeah- I'm alright." You said nodding your head excessively. Which made him instantly not believe you.

"Its her, isn't it?" Bruce shook his head in the direction of the woman. You embarrassingly smiled and nodded while you looked down at your hands.

"Valkyrie." Bruce stated. You turned to him with your brows furrowed.

"That's her name." He whispered. A small smile on his lips. You returned your gaze from him to the floor.

"I'll keep her away from him." Bruce whispered. You smiled and looked over to him. "I know you need to say something, say it." He asked again.

"I appreciate this." You whispered. He nodded and gave you a pat of the shoulder.

"I know you do." He smirked. He then walked over to Valkyrie and Thor, cutting into their conversation.

Everything after that was a blur. You had to admit, you weren't paying attention. Until the ship began to jolt.

The trip was anything but eventful.

As the jet lifted off the ground Loki found his way to you. As Bruce and the Woman had taken a different, larger ship it was just Thor, Loki and you.

You sat and watched the galaxy around you. Invading your vision with nothing other than stars.

"Beautiful isn't it." He whispered. He began to trail kisses down your neck. You shifted slightly, causing him to remove himself from you.

"What's the matter Darling?" His low toned voice sent shivers down your spine. You turned to him. Your brows furrowed and scolded him.

"Open your barrier." You demanded. He narrowed his eyes at you before the tension broke. Lifting the wall.

Though your gaze never left his. Loki then went to speak.

"What's this about-"

"What are you hiding." You stated. Growing more and more irritated. The wall may have lifted but the barrier between your minds was still up.

"I don't know what you mean." He laughed, slightly nervous.

"Don't lie to me." You whispered. Also betrayed by how easy it was for him to do so.

As the barrier began to slowly lift, a flash invaded your vision. Everything grew slightly bright as your eyes adjusted.

——Memory——

"What do you think you're doing?" Loki said as he pushed the woman up against a wall. His eyes widened, then he scoffed and released her from his grasp, as she whispered something under her breath.

——

As you pulled away, Loki's eyes widened. He quickly put his hands up and went to explain.

"Wait-"

"Open the barrier Laufeyson." You angrily demanded.

"Just let me explain-"

Mostly without his consent you slipped back into his mind.

——Memory——

"She could have seen us!" He whispered angrily. Grabbing her forearm with his hand.

"But she didn't." She smirked. Loki scoffed and pulled away, once more.

"You've been here nearly a month. It was easier when she wasn't here." She whispered, almost with a frustrated tone.

———

You pulled away. You felt as if you might just kill him right then. You looked up to him, hoping now he would have an explanation. But he refused your gaze and looked guiltily to the floor.

Tears filled your eyes with anger as it filled your entire body. You stepped away and shook your head. He quickly went to apologize and explain, grabbing your hand, but you ripped it out of his reach.

"Dont." You whispered angrily. He looked into your eyes as if he knew something you didn't.

"Darling please she's just-" he paused and then met your eyes.

"Just what?" You asked him, hoping it wasn't as bad as it seemed.

He didn't want to answer.

"She's what Loki!"

"She's just, interesting!" He finished. Your eyes widened, as did his as he realized what he had said.

Tears welled in your eyes again, but now it was from the betrayal you began to feel. He whispered apologies under his breath, barely audible.

"She's...interesting?" You asked him, your voice as small as it could sound.

"Now that's not what I meant-"

"What did you mean!" You shouted. He closed his eyes as your shouts echoed the ships walls.

"Different." He whispered. You furrowed your brows.

"She's different." He repeated.

"Is that so?" You scoffed and grabbed your jacket sitting on the chair next to the window.

You quickly headed to the front of the ship.

You burst through the doors. Thor quickly sat up, his eyes widened as he saw the tears within your eyes. He began to stand.

"I'm going to kill him." He growled. You placed a hand to his chest, making him sit back down into the seat.

"Dont..." you cried. He took your hand from his chest and took it in him, placing a gentle kiss on the top of it.

"What do you want me to do y/n." He whispered. You turned to him.

"I'll do anything." He said again. You furrowed your brows as you grew sadder.

Thor immediately knew what he needed to do. He needed to be there for you. In anyway possible.

"Come here." He slowly pulled you to his chest. You sat and watched the universe. Forgetting the air around you, you sat peacefully in the arms of Thor.

Focusing on breathing.

Loki's POV

I admit. I love her. I truly do, but this constant needing me, is getting tiring. I just wished I could love her without her needing answers.

I will live hundreds of lifetimes before I let her control me. Before I tell her the truth.

I just wanted to breathe.

I think it's time I finally breathe.

———

A/n: hehehe how we feeling? Mad? Sad? I know but all within time 😌

Anyways, choose wisely <3

Comment here for Natasha-

Comment here for Bucky-

Comment here for Wanda-

Comment here for Strange-

Comment here for Steve-

Comment here for others-

If I don't get enough comments on the options above that I will either pick majority or I'll pick myself!

So make sure to comment, I don't mind the spam😌

Love you all 🖤