Chapter 41: Earth

Thor's POV

As Loki stormed out of the room Thor turned to face her. She laid on the bed, stiffly. Thor let out a sad sigh before looking to his fingertips and then back to her.

"If this works..." He pressed his lips together before he carefully placed his hand to her heart. He wasn't sure if this would even work, but he had to try.

As his hand sparked with electricity, her body didn't move. He carefully listened for any kind of sign of a heart beat, only to be disappointed by the lack of life. He let go and sat quietly amongst her and the silence that followed. He sighed, sadly.

He watched her carefully. He placed his hands to her heart once more and tried again. As the electrical current flowed through her, he noticed the slight change in color. Her lips came back to it natural rosy pink. A small smile tugged at the corner of his lips as he noticed the rise and fall of her chest. She wasn't completely gone. He rushed out of the room and searched the area for Loki, as he spotted him sitting quietly on the entrance of the ship he ran over.

"Loki!" Thor shouted as he made his way over to his brother. Loki shook his head and stood up, Loki was ready to start a fight.

"If you have a death wish brother-"

"She's breathing!" Thor cut him off. Thor was out of breath from the encounter but quickly regained his composure.

"This isn't funny." Loki shrugged him away. Thor huffed and grabbed Loki arm, dragging him to the room once more.

Thor ran up the the bed side and looked in confusion as she had no longer been breathing. He looked around at her body in confusion.

"What? She was just-"

"Stop tormenting me." Loki roared. Thor couldn't believe it. As Loki began to turn away, Thor grabbed him and pulled him to the floor with him.

"Watch." Thor commanded.

As he placed his hand to her chest once more the current struck again, as he removed his hand with a hopeful smile, nothing changed. He furrowed his brows and tried again.

"Stop." Loki said softly. Cracks stealing his voice. As Thor reached again Loki grabbed his hand and pushed it away.

"Stop." He angrily stated.

"If you'll just-" Thor reached for her heart to try again. As he went against Loki's wishes, they argued and shouted, but the current struck again.

"I said that's enough!" Loki yelled. His voice was tired and cracking with each word he yelled. Thor sighed and a small smile appeared again.

"Look..." Thor said. As Loki cautiously looked down at her, his rough exterior softened. He admired the rise and fall of her chest and let out a relieved yet heart wrenching sigh.

"How did you..." Loki's breaths became hitched and ran his hand under her head, his finger carefully rubbed the apple of her cheek.

Thor watched carefully as the breathing stopped once more. He furrowed his brows and Loki looked worried, scared.

"It seems her heart isn't keeping a pulse." Thor said as he sparked another charge from his fingers. With that her blood began to pump again.

"We need to get to Midgard. I think Stark can help." Thor finally said. He began to get up to leave but Loki stopped and then sighed in frustration.

"Stay here with her." Loki said standing up and walking over to stand in front of his older brother.

"Brother-"

"I'll get us out of here." Loki said stubbornly. Thor searched his brothers eyes before questioning him.

"Are you sure?" Thor asked him. Loki hesitated while he turned his gaze over to you. His glazed over eyes said it all.

"I need you to do this for me." Loki stated. That must have taken a lot of pride for Loki to say. Thor nodded cautiously and returned back to your bedside.

Loki walked out of the room and began to start the ship up. His mind was racing with thoughts of you. He couldn't stop it.

He had to make sure you were okay.

No matter how badly he wanted to be with you.

As Loki returned to the ships control system, Thor waiting along side of your bedside.

"Come on y/n..." he whispered as he let a current strike once more.

He deeply sighed. The rise and fall had intervals of two minutes.

(Meaning every two minutes you would stop breathing again.)

The ship rises from the ground.

Fenrir and Valkyrie would stay on Asgard, protecting it. And waiting for the arrival of its people.

Maybe she'd be okay...