Chapter 58: We Lost

Loki looks up to you, a sad smile on his lips, his neck was bruised.

"I love you..." he whispers. Your eyes water.

"Don't make it sound like a goodbye." You whisper with a sad laugh, as a tear falls from your eyes.

Could this be it? You look back to Thanos, hearing his shout.

As Thanos studies the completed gauntlet, a massive bolt of lighting strikes him, digging him into the ground and grinding him back for meters.

Thor has arrived, eyes glowing with power, stooping down from the sky like a bird of prey. The God of Thunder pauses his attack, reverses his position, raises axe above his head and hurls it.

Thanos fires the whole might of the stones with the gauntlet against it, but it only creates a rainbow-like, lightning bolt, not slowing the axe as it slams right into Thanos' chest. Thor lands in front of Thanos, who is down on one knee; hatefully.

"Where are they!" He hatefully spat.

"Thor! We're okay!" You shout. He looked to you and Loki his muscles relaxed at the sight of you and his brother, then looking back to Thanos.

He takes hold of the back of Thanos' head and forces the axe deeper into his chest, staring angrily into his eyes while Thanos cries out in pain. You watched and relaxed as the fight was finally over.

"You should have... you..." Thanos paused and regained his strength.

"You should have gone for the head!" He raises his gauntlet. You scrambled to your feet quickly reaching for his hand but,

he snaps his fingers.

"No!" You screamed. You go to tackle Thanos but it was already too late. The world around you flashed a bright, blinding light. Pushing you back by impact.

As you got to your feet and your eyes adjusted, you noticed the damage inflicted on the gauntlet, the metal scorched and distorted from heat, the stones no longer glowing. You backed away, tears in your eyes.

"What did you do?" Thor asked, his axe this in Thanos' chest.

"What did you do!" He yelled louder.

Thanos nearly seems to not notice Thor before he uses the Space Stone and teleports away, leaving Thor's axe behind on the Wakandan soil.

"Where'd he go?" Steve asked, you stood, unsure of what was happening.

"Thor...where'd he go?" Steve asked louder.

"Guys, the defenses are dropping." T'Challa called out. Steve turned around urgently.

"What does that mean?" He asked softly. He wasn't given a response.

"Their just...disappearing..." someone whispered.

You stumbled backwards, shock overwhelming you.

"Loki..." your eyes searched the area and he was no where to be found.

"Loki!" You grew worried.

"Darling?" You turned around as Loki walked closer. He suddenly stumbles over, and collapses to his knees. You rushed over as he toppled over into your arms.

"I don't- I don't know whats happening..." he whispered while he looked to you with confusion and scared eyes.

"What- what do I- Loki what do I do?" you furrowed your brows and looked for Thor.

"Thor?" You yelled, you were running out of time. Unable to find him you turned back to Loki.

You moved the hair from his face and tears fell from your eyes.