Chapter 14: Cold Hearted

Loki's POV.

Y/N had rushed to bed leaving just Thor and Loki. He was nervous. Which became pretty obvious with his mood change.

"Brother everything will be fine. Just a few days and we will be back in this forsaken place alright?" Thor pat his shoulder, which didn't ease his thoughts.

"What if Father sends me back to the cells. He will do anything to make me suffer. Whose to say now is any different?" He finally croaked. He couldn't hold it in anymore. Loki was terrified.

"I won't let that be the case. You will be coming back with us okay?" Thor slightly nudged his arm as reassurance.

"Now may I ask why you and Lady Y/N were dancing in the training room?" He asked looking at Loki with a smile spread across his face. Loki let Thor take his silence for an answer.

"Is there something going on between the two of you?" He had done it.

"Y/N and I are nothing more than measly friends. And if you think any different you are just as idiotic and incompetent as the others downstairs!" Loki was getting more uncomfortable with the situation and had to put the comment down.

Why am I so upset?

Thor seemed to have noticed and didn't say anything more. He gave him another pat on the back and nodded, he didn't believe him. Loki quickly went back to his room.

Now he can focus on asking himself why he was so upset at his brothers mere comment. He had soon remembered he wasn't the only one in his thoughts, so Loki concentrated on blocking her out, and began to ponder.

He could tell this had upset her, as she caused a pretty big headache. They didn't normally do that unless they were not on speaking terms with one another. But he couldn't have her mixed in with the feelings he didn't know were real or not.

Your POV

I was mad at him. Why, he all of the sudden shut me out was beyond me. Maybe I had done something.

Who knows. Then it dawned on me.
Why did I care so much? It's not like it's my business. He probably just didn't want me in his thoughts. After all when I left for bed, he had seemed conflicted. Emotional almost. I wasn't going to intrude. But that doesn't mean I was going to talk to him.

The next morning I woke up because Thor had knocked on my door letting me know I was going to be leaving. I needed to go and say my goodbyes to everyone, so Tony doesn't blow a blood vessel thinking I've been kidnapped again.

Tony and I grew pretty close since then. He really started to become like a dad to me. Which I really liked because if I were to have any dad, I'd want them to be as cool as Tony is. I quickly searched for an outfit and realized I should just wear my armor Tony had made.

I left my Asgardian wear on Asgard, I thought I'd never return so I had no use for them. I rushed to the shower hoping to not be late. This was the first shower I was able to take without it burning my wounds. And it felt nice.

Relieving.

After my shower I combed through my hair and got dressed as fast as I could. I made my way out into the lounge area where everyone seemed to be cramped together.

They all greeted me, followed with some hugs and smiles.

"Hey kid, so how long will you be gone?" Tony had broken through the crowd and hugged me asking me about my journey.

"It should just be a few days, Asgardian time. Which means I will be gone maybe for a week or two." He looked confused but carried on anyways.

"Okay, okay, just do me a favor and don't get kidnapped again. Or hurt in the matter. I'd like my favorite to come back in one piece." He smiled, as he said those few words everyone protested.

"I thought I was your favorite!" Steve had shouted. That was my cue to leave. I waved everyone goodbye and the three of us were off.

Thor and I were up on the roof and we had been waiting for Loki to arrive but it took ages. I finally told Thor I'd go get him and used my magic to teleport to where he was. He knew I was coming, he didn't even flinch when I ended up in his room.

"Come on, we've got to go! Why are you just sitting here?" I started to tug at his arm sleeve but with no luck I stopped.

"I'm not going." What did he mean he's not going? It was for Frigga. And he was declining?

"What do you mean?" I asked now more confused than before.

"How hard is it too understand? I am refusing to go. I will visit some other time." Shocked by his outburst I stayed quiet.

"Now leave." He seemed so heartless. So cruel and cold.

"Lokes what's going on I don't understand I thought we were friends-" he quickly cut in and started to shout.

"It's Loki! Do not mistake my kindness! We are not friends! I am not going. Now get out before I kick you out myself!" He was angry..but for what?

I quickly looked down at my shoes. His words hurt. My eyes started to form tears and I couldn't hold them.

My arms began to burn a bright blue and I shut my eyes tightly. Soon enough my arms weren't a flames anymore.

Without much words left to say I teleported back to the roof to Thor, still having tears in my eyes, but reluctant to let them slip. How could he be so insensitive?

"He's not coming, let's just go." I said trying to hid the cracks in my voice and the tears in my eyes.

"What? No, he has to come I-" he quickly noticed my state of mind and didn't pry.

"As you wish Lady y/n..." He finished. He called for Heimdall and I grabbed onto Thor's arm. I hated traveling through Bifrost. It had always made me sick.

And then before we knew it I was back.

I was home.

"Y/N! It's so nice to see you again!" Heimdall had practically toppled me over with his excitement. And I didn't mind.
I missed this. I missed my friend.

Thor had said his hellos and greeted Heimdall with much excitement as well, then we needed to get going.

Thor and I made or way out onto the rainbow bridge to see 3 horses sitting, Thor's gorgeous white horse, Loki's magnificent black stallion, and my was larger than the other two and had white with brown spots.

Seeing the three horses only made me sad by how Loki had decided to treat me at our last goodbye.

Nonetheless I got upon my horse and Thor did as well. We made our way to the castle leaving behind the beautiful black horse.

—————

A/n: thank you for all the love on tiktok, it truly means the world, also this book might start to speed up and I hope you guys don't mind!

One more thing? How do we feel about smut?
Let me know and I might add some🤌🏼

Happy reading❤️