Chapter 44: New years Eve

A/n: just a little recap:

at this point civil war had happened while you were on Sakkar and when you came back, the team all came together only in support to see you.

The team is in slight shambles but they are working together as much as they can. For you.

Wanda and Vision were in Wakanda after being attacked. But Wanda returned, leaving Vision in Wakanda.

Steve and Tony aren't on the best terms.

Also, I've missed uploadinggg, I know it's only been a week, but seriously I've just been writing and writing and not being able to put them out😭

Enjoy! Don't forget to Vote and comment!
—————————————————

It had been a week since Christmas. New Year's Eve was just a few hours away. Loki rarely left his room where you both resigned.

He read, mostly. Keeping himself busy was the only option he felt was necessary.

———
Thor's POV

"I've heard so much of this," Thor paused and then continued.

"New Years, you midgardians have!" He finished. He and the others sat on the couches of the living room. Though, Loki seemed far too indulged in a book to be present.

"Knowing Tony, there's gonna be a party." Natasha said while taking a swig of her beer.

"Well you would be right." Tony said casually strutting in and placing his hands on his hips.

"Told you." Natasha piped up.

"Do you really think it's a good idea? With y/n being in the state she's in?" Bruce asked from the kitchen.

"The party isn't going to be up here banner, besides, she'll be fine." Tony said with a smile. Others weren't so sure.

"Oh come on, Loki will be here, I don't think he'll even come down for it anyways." Tony spoke.

"Actually, I might have a drink or two." A voice came from the door way of the hallway.

———
Lokis POV

"I need something else to look at other than a book." Loki said with a somber smile.

Tony clapped his hands together and smiled with enthusiasm.

"Great! Looks like I better start this party!" He said while he began to walk out of the room.

Many sighed and began to get up and leave to make themselves presentable.

Thor walked over to Loki with a confused and worried expression on his face.

"Are you sure brother?" Thor placed a hand on Loki's shoulder. Causing him to sigh and look around the room.

"I can't be locked up in my chambers all of the time." He responded.

"But if you're not ready, we will understand." Thor reassured. Loki mustered up a small laugh and looked back to his brother.

"She'd hate to see me turn down a drink." With that Thor patted his back and took him under his arm.

"I thought you didn't like parties?" Thor teased him. Loki scoffed and stopped him his place, causing Thor to turn to him.

"I guess a certain someone made me a little more enthusiastic about them." Loki stated. His cold, mysterious saying made Thor smile but not enough to question his brother.

With that the two brothers left to get dressed. Thor going to his room and Loki to his own.

As Loki got dressed in a fitted green and black velvet suit he stood in front of the lengthy mirror and sighed. Only to be reminded of your presence.

He turned slowly and noticed the slight change in his own heart rate. He walked over and laughed at his embarrassment.

"You can't even see me, and still make me nervous." He whispered. There was a slight twitch in his smile.

"I will be back in no time." He stated. He placed a cold hand to the top of her head and sighed. Turning towards the door and making his way down to meet the others.

Loki walked down the spiral stairs to the downstairs area and was cheered on and clapped as his appearance shocked everyone. He smiled and made his way to the bar.

"I'll have a-"

"Ah, brother! No need for these- puny drinks!" Thor pulled out a large flask and poured some kind of liquid into an large alcoholic glass.

"Asgardian Ale? How did you-"

"Just enjoy yourself brother, don't question it." Thor patted Loki's back and headed off to the others.

Loki looked to his glass and began to drink.

After some time he began to get bored with the random people at the bar, invading his space. He grabbed his coat and headed for the outdoors.

As he did so, he walked into the city.

Admiring the lights and colors of New York City.

Getting lost in the beauty of a city he didn't think had much to offer. It was beautiful at night. He had never known such things could impress him.

————
Your POV.

As the darkness in your world began to subside, your eyes fluttered slightly, almost glued shut because of the amount of time you had endured being asleep. As you managed to open them, you found comfort in the darkened, not well lit room.

Lokis room...

As you began to look around, you noticed you were alone. Not a soul in sight. You sat up slowly and carefully. The wound on your stomach seemed to have healed, but you felt as if you couldn't feel any part of your body.

One moment you felt as if you were dying, had you died? Where was everyone? Without the time to think once more, you gave yourself a headache.

You sat up, just enough to look around the room in search of someone. But no one showed.

You tossed your legs, using your hands to place them there, over the side of the bed and sat. You closed your eyes and took a deep breath. The air felt different.

Fresh.

With a moment of hesitation, you touched your foot to the cold, wooden flooring. You used the bed as a way to keep yourself from falling. As you did your legs shook. You furrowed your brows and began to take a step.

You stretched your muscles as they grew sore. You grabbed the heart monitor and IV bag stand, and walked to the window, which was covered with black curtains. You slide the curtains aside and peered out.

Shocked at the sight, you believed your eyes had deceived you. You tired to speak, your voice not allowing it.

"Snow?" You managed to whisper. You peered out and noticed all of the lights, your eyes became saddened.

"I missed it..." you said with a small glimmer of disappointment.

You held onto the monitor before looking at your arm. You slowly slid the needle from the IV bag out of your arm. Grimacing slightly at the sting.

That's when you noticed the single white rose on the side table of your bed. You walked over, careful of each step. As you stared down at the rose you couldn't help but let a tear slip.

You couldn't believe it.

You had missed Christmas...

————

A/n: soooo, how are we feeling?

Next chapter will be up tomorrow when I get the chance!

Love to you all for the support and kind words!!

Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed!