Chapter 36: Tired.

Loki quickly threw his hands up in his defense. His eyes widened and was quick to apologize.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean it-" as you stepped closer, Loki braced for impact. Your warm hand gently reached to his hands and pulled them to his side.

"I don't use my magic like that." You simply said, quite enough so Thor wouldn't hear to protest.

"Besides, we need to think of a way to get home." You quickly turned to face Bruce.

"Hulk is HOME." He yelled. You sighed and slowly walked over to him. He faltered at the slow and careful movements you took.

"Hey big guy..." you started. He grunted loudly and you reached a hand out.

"It's okay-" you whispered as you stepped closer. As he reached his hand out, he laid it in the palm of your hand.

"I need the little guy, can you do that for me?" You asked his calmly. It looked like he was processing what you had asked him. He grunted once more.

As you slowly slid your hand from under his, you traced lightly down his forearm, stopping at the tips of his fingers. As you paused he looked to you. With no more hesitation you quickly took your hand away, causing him to jerk away.

The green from his body slowly bubbled to a lighter green. You quickly turned and grabbed Loki's arm to turn him away as well.

Very loud, heavy steps turned to soft and quiet stumbling. You ripped the window curtain while covering your eyes and handed it behind you while continuing to block your gaze with your hand.

Bruce quickly took it and covered himself. As you turned, you sighed as you noticed the intelligent Bruce Banner.

"I don't think we've had the pleasure of formally meeting Dr. Banner" you smiled. You extended your hand and he looked to you the to behind you to Loki.

"Where have you three been..." Bruce whispered almost upset at your absences.

You furrowed your brows and took your hand away. This was the first time you've seen Bruce outside of being Hulk.

You turned and faced Loki and then back to Bruce.

"Last time I saw you, you were trying to kill everyone...where are you nowadays?" He asked Loki, who slightly smirked at Banners fear for him.

"It varies from moment to moment." He said quietly. Loki snaked an arm around your waist as he stood.

Bruce's eyes widened.

"Uh- when have you two-" be couldn't comprehend what was happening.

"Go on, spit it out Banner." Loki teased as he leaned down and buried his head into your neck. Clearly making Bruce uncomfortable.

You scoffed and rolled your eyes at his attempt to make Bruce uncomfortable. You slowly removed his cold hands from your waist and walked over to Bruce.

"We need to get home-" you started.

"I don't know how. I don't even know how I ended up here." He said with frustration.

At this point Thor had stood, rubbing his head and shaking off the shock. He peered out of the window.

"YES!" He yelled, causing you to jump. Everyone turned to him. He smiled and awkwardly pointed out the window.

"It's the uh-" he paused, noticing everyone's scare.

"Sorry about that..." he whispered, rubbing his neck and then quickly grabbed your hand, leading you to the windows.

As you looked out you noticed a very familiar jet. You placed your hands to the cold glass and smiled, scoffing at the luck.

"The QuinJet..." You whispered. Your warm breath began to fog the glass. You quickly turned to Loki. He had his arms crossed and then rolled his eyes.

"You're not leaving until I get paid." The woman who you had even forgotten was standing there spoke up. You shot her a glare as you casted a small blue flame.

Loki grabbed your hand and balled them into fists, causing the flame to put itself out, you quickly the turned to Loki.

"What are you-"

"Don't." His simple demand caused you to look from her, then back to Loki.

"If she speaks again, I'm going to do it." You threatened. He nodded and as everyone flooded out, Thor waited for you. Loki and the woman stood side by side while Bruce slowly followed.

You could slowly feel your head become heavy. A feeling you knew all too well. Loki blocked you from his thoughts again.

A heavy hand placed itself of your shoulder, breaking your eye contact with the pair. You turned to Thor, a small source of concerned washed over him. You shook your head and laughed slightly.

"It's nothing." You laughed. You embarrassingly looked to the floor and began to walk out the door. Thor grasped your hand and stopped you.

"I know my best friend." He whispered. The concern never left his bright blue eyes. You deeply sighed and turned to him.

"Don't you think it's odd?" You asked him. He tilted his head in confusion before you shot Loki and the woman a glare as they talked out in the hallway. It looked like a heated conversation.

"He's just being friendly." He smiled and pat his hand down on your shoulder.

"Loki is never just friendly." You whispered. Thor turned to you, genuine concern still covered his face. He didn't hide it well.

"He's hiding something." You said before you let out a deep and heavy sigh.

"I thought the secrets were over with." You slowly looked down to your hands. Picking at your nails.

Thor reached a hand under your chin and tilted it so you had to look him in the eyes.

"Just give him time." He said so simply. You slowly searched Thor's eyes before giving up and sighing again.

It was getting tiring. Having to give time to someone who didn't know what it felt like to be kept waiting.

Your POV

I admit. I love him. I truly do, but this waiting is giving me mixed signals. I just wish I could love him with no underlying conditions and rules.

I just wanted to breathe.

I think it's time I finally breathe.

—————

A/n: I left this one on kind of a sad note, but I'm writing this at 3:40 a.m. and I have an EOC in 2 hours.

You guys might freak, but I need some options for possible love interests.

Now before you comment, this is still a Loki Story. I have so many things ahead with this book, but to advance and add some dRaMa, I need you guys to pick one or even two people you'd like to get closer with!

Comment for Natasha-

Comment for Bucky-

Comment for Wanda-

Comment for Strange-

Comment for Steve-

Comment for others-

How do we feel about some more smut?🥰

I hope everyone enjoys these next few chapters, next one with be up when I can get enough comments for the options above!