Chapter 13: Home

It had been a few days since I was kidnapped, and I was making a fast recovery. In fact I could barely feel the incisions on my abdomen, and my throat had been getting better with time.

During these few days the team has been called out on countless missions, and Thor had gone back to Asgard, but I didn't mind. I've been working with Loki to help me get used to my magic and it seemed to have been helping. My magic was back and stronger than before. Just yesterday Loki had begun teaching me how to teleport.

"You need to make sure you're careful. Teleportation can be dangerous if you don't have a destination." He continued to tell me.

Our minds were more in-sync than they have ever been. We also had been working on our distance, how far we can go from each other and still hear one another. So far we're only at 52 meters- and counting! So exciting!

"You're impressive for being so new at this. Are you sure you haven't been practicing without me?" Out of breath he almost looked offended.

"Without you? No! I would never, not to my bestest friend!" I teased him all the time now. He seemed to not mind. Not that it would stop me.

Start again in 30 minutes?

I nodded in agreement, I was so tired. All of this hard work is paying off. But lately, my mind couldn't be more cluttered.

I missed Asgard. I missed home. I had a feeling he knew of this, but without wanting to intrude he kept quiet.

"Hey Lokes?" I asked leaning against the wall, staring at my hands.

"Yes y/n-" he seemed to have noticed my slight mood change and spoke up.

"What's wrong?" He walked over to my side, ushering me to sit, and I did.

"Do you...do you miss home? Asgard, I mean." I was waiting for an answer, biting the inside of my cheek. Trying not to meet his gaze.

"Do you want me to be honest?" He asked nudging my arm, I smirked and nodded.

"Sometimes. I miss my Mother. I miss my very comfortable bed and the library.
So yes- I suppose you could say I miss Asgard." He began to pick at his hands, a little uncomfortable with the conversation.

"I miss Frigga too." You whispered. Not willing to say anything else I returned to the conversation.

"But, what else is there to miss? Definitely not my father." He scoffed.

"The dancing. The people. The simplicity." I said trying once again to hide my sadness.

"Oh come on, you don't even know how to dance, let alone enjoy it!" He laughed at me. I looked to him with a small smile.

"You remember that?" I smiled looking up in disbelief.

"Of course I do, that's the first time I ever spoke to you. The day I met my dearest friend! How could I forget?" He stood and laughed, but I seemed to be even more saddened by the memories.

He sighed. Holding a hand out to me.

Stand up, come on.

What why?

"You want to learn to dance don't you?" He smiled back down at me, lending me a hand.

Lokes you don't have to-

"I know that, but I know it will cheer you up, and that's all I want. Just follow my lead okay?" He quickly grabbed my hand and lead me to the middle of the training room.

"Where do I put my hands- I- oh okay." He placed my left hand on his shoulder and my right, in his hand. Slowly showing me the steps, I caught on quickly but not before I stepped all over his feet. Which made him laugh at me every time.

"For an Asgardian, you are very clumsy." He beamed at me, trying to hold back his laughs.

"This is fun!" I laughed, he twirled me around and I accidentally almost fell, but before I could, he cast a green mist, catching my fall and lifting me back towards him.

"Careful Darling." He smirked pulling me back to him. I couldn't help but blush at his new nickname for me.

Darling?

He explained that there is even a dance on Asgard where you dance with every person in the room, switching between each person after a spin. Which sounded tricky but he reassured me if I had this one down it would be a piece of cake.

Our dance lesson didn't last long before Thor knocked on the glass before entering.

"Am I interrupting something?" He asked once more. Loki and I quickly pulled away from one another. I could tell Loki had been annoyed at this with his scoff.

"No-" I said embarrassed.

"Yes-" Loki had said at the same time I said my reply.

"Good, I have news from Asgard. It's Mother..." Thor said looking down at his feet.

"What's happened?" Loki and I both questioned, worriedly. Thor waved us over, asking us to follow him. When we finally got to the lounge room he turned. Making sure no one was around to hear.

"Mother had asked me to bring you back. Just for a few days. Odin knows. He's not particularly happy about the suggestion but he's allowed it." Thor finally said.

Finally exhaling the breath I had been holding for awhile, as did Loki, I got a little angry with Thor.

"I thought something happened to her Thor!" I spat.

"Don't scare me like that!" I protested. Glad that no such thing had happened. Loki on the other hand looked terrified.

"Lokes? Are you okay?" He finally looked up, and gave me a warm smile.

I decided that would be a good time to go to bed, and pack. It will give them two time to talk. They haven't spoken in awhile. And I could tell they needed to.

I was going home tomorrow.
—————
A/N thank you for all the love on my socials lately, make sure to vote if you like a chapter!

Next chapter should be up on Saturday or Monday!