Chapter 50: Ebony Maw

Tony was rushing. Faster than you had ever seen him do so. A hand catches yours and pulling you beside them and stopping your stride.

Strange.

"This is dangerous." He whispers. You looked away and nodded.

"I know but I can do this." You said turning back and looking back to him. He nodded and looked away.

"I know, that's why I'm trusting you with this." You stepped back and the necklace around his neck opened. You stood in awe.

"An infinity stone?" You asked and strange placed the necklace over your head. You looked up to him with concern.

"I'm sure you've heard about these, so you should know the grave danger it will bring." He hurried to cast a spell over it, causing it to look and blend in with your other jewelry.

"Stephen what's going on?" You asked and he pulled away. He sighs deeply and urgently.

"I need you to protect this with your entire being. Do not trust anyone with it." He stated. You nodded your head and he nodded, hoping there was an agreement.

"Trust no one y/n." He stated again before quickly leaving.

"Okay, yeah I've got this." You whispered to yourself. You headed for the door but stopped as you heard a loud thud.

Loud thuds came from the hallway and you slowly pulled yourself away from the door. You expected maybe the team was running down the halls getting ready for the mission. That was until Steve rushed through the door.

"We've got to go." You looked back to Steve. You looked down at the Stone around your neck as it vibrated slightly.

Your heart practically stopped.

"What..?" you whispered.

Steve, Wanda, Bruce, Natasha, Bucky, crowed the doorway.

"Where's Tony?" You looked to Steve and he looked away to Natasha, also asking her the same thing.

"Where's Peter and Tony?" You asked urgently.

No reply.

"Where's Strange?" Your eyes grew wide at the lack of answers.

"I don't know..." Steve said quietly.

"What do you mean you don't know? They were just here!" You whispered at him angrily and harshly.

"Strange and Tony were arguing outside, but...They didn't come back." Wanda said shakily. She felt it too.

"The Stone..." it finally clicked. You had the Stone. Not Strange. You turned to Steve.

"Where did they go?" You whispered softly. Steve pointed to the streets of New York outside of the compound. You looked to Bucky.

"Please stay here..." you whispered back. He furrowed his brows and began to rush over to you.

You acted quickly and casted an illusion over yourself. To them, it looked like you teleported, disappeared. But they just couldn't see you.

You quickly rushed past them and into the street. People were screaming. There was only destruction. You rushed over as you saw Strange and another man. As you got there, you noticed as Tony and Peter stood just a few feet in front of them.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y., evac anyone south of 43rd Street." Tony said softly. You slowly walked up and stood as the dust cleared.

"Tony, what am I looking at." You asked. Tony turned to notice you. You exhaled nervously.