Chapter 30: Secrets

Both of you laid there listening to the silence you had before everyone woke up, hoping to steal a few more hours alone. He always made you feel so special. Like you were the only one he cared for attention from.

He turned to you; closing the distance between the two of you. He kissed your forehead, gently. Pulling back and smiling once again at each other.

"Read to me." You whispered. He had always been indulging himself in a book, and you wanted to know what the fuss was all about.

He smirked at you and rolled his eyes, you crossed your legs as you sat up, pulling the covers over your body.

In a green flash Loki was fully clothed once more and he pulled up a desk chair, sitting in front of you. Suddenly a book in his hands. He smiled at you and read the title.

"Are you ready, my Queen?" He said in an alluring manner. You nodded and he smiled.

"Romeo and Juliet. Written by Shakespeare in 1596." He smiled opening the book.

"Lokes, you've read that book to me six times, and counting. Is there, maybe another book?" You asked him smiling.

"I have a small selection, Darling. You can take a look if you'd like." He said pointing to the stack of books on the desk and on the shelf above it.

You scanned the books and found one about Asgardian Mythology. You handed him the book and he smirked.

"Good choice, Darling." He flipped through some pages and stopped, smirking and looking up at you, then back to the book in his hands.

"Loki Laufeyson (Odinson), also known as the God of Mischief. Loki is in some sources the son of Fárbauti and Laufey, and the brother Thor Odinson." He smiled and then frowned. You quickly grabbed the book as he tried to close it and read aloud.

"Loki, in the form of a mare, was impregnated by the stallion Svaðilfari and gave birth to the eight-legged horse Sleipnir." You burst into laughter as he shook his head and rolled his eyes.

You eventually calmed down and handed him the book back smiling at what you had read.

"So- you gave birth to a-"

"Do you have a death wish?" He shouted furrowing his brows at you. Laughing once more, you let him continue flipping through the book, before he stopped on a page, he looked uncomfortable.

"What's wrong Loki?" You questioned. He didn't respond and continued to stare at the book. You went to reach for it and he quickly moved it out of reach, standing up.

"I think that's enough reading for today my love. Why don't we go out and join the others?" He smiled tossing the book on his desk and dragging you out of the room.

"Wait- Loki what was that all about-"

"Nothing- just old fairytales!" He blurred out.

He was hiding something. Something he didn't want you to know about. He lead you out into the living room where everyone greeted you, you hadn't even noticed Loki wasn't behind you anymore and had hid back in his room, locking the door.

You spoke, sat with, and entertained the others for about and six hours or so and then everyone hurried to bed. You sat there for a minute, biting your cheek as you were now alone in the dark living room. You sighed and stood up. You thought you should probably get to bed as well.

You were leaving for Asgard tomorrow. As you headed back to Loki's room, you put my hand in the handle, but decided to turn around and just sleep in your room, as he probably wanted to be by himself.

You turned around and headed for my room, looking a little disappointed.

You felt a bit, left in the dark.

His odd behavior had thrown you off guard, you had just had an amazing morning, to say the least, and it wasn't something he had ever done before.

Nonetheless you needed to be rested for tomorrow, as you headed to bed you soon fell asleep with nothing but the feeling of loneliness.

Sadness.

————

A/n: ooo cliffhanger, what could loki be hiding? What will it jeopardize? If anything at all?

Guess you'll have to wait🥰

Much love❤️‍🔥