Chapter 33: Sister?

I walked back to my room opening my door and I grabbed the book off of my bed. I stared at it intensely, thinking that maybe I should continue to read it and wandered to the library with it.

I walked through the halls before stopping at my rooms door once more. I flipped through the pages and landed on the section about me.

I reluctantly stepped into my room, hoping that maybe I'd stop wandering. I read the book again, thoroughly, again, hoping maybe I read what I did, wrong.

To my speculation, my eyes had not deceived me. I read it over and over again. The cruel words playing within my head.

"My birthright was to die a miserable, painful death." I scoffed as I spoke to myself.

"An Orphan."

It was right. Every word in that old book, had been right. Had everyone known about this? About me?

Was I really a monster...?

A soft knock broke me from my thoughts and I quickly wiped my tears that had stained my face. And turned around slowly looking at who could have entered.

Loki had been carefully walking to me while trying not to talk.

"You knew..." I furrowed my brows at him as he had betrayed me.

"Darling you have to understand-" he tried soothing me and with every step he took forward. I stepped back, now with tears in my eyes.

"I see you no different now, than before!"
He shouted.

"Then why hide it from me!" I shouted back at him. He seemed to be thinking of an answer and stepped closer, closing the distance between us.

"You are not what that old tale says you are Darling. Please understand that." He was trying his best to soothe you, he had known what it felt to feel like a monster.

To be an outcast.

He cupped my cheek again and I let the breath I was holding go; sinking into his cold touch. He let out a deep breath and held me closer, now embracing me, as I slowly slid to the flooring beneath me.

Loki slowly slid down to the floor, holding you within his arms. Hushing your cries.

Slowly releasing you from his chest, he held your face in his icy cold hands.

"You are the only thing-" he stopped and looked intensely into your eyes.

"The only thing I have done right in this life." He said holding you, even tighter than before.

"I refuse to let some fairytale ruin it." He whispered, his icy bluish green eyes searched yours.

"Come on, let's get you up..." he whispered as he placed a cold, but refreshing kiss on your forehead.

Wrapping his arms around your waist he hoisted you to your feet. Wiping the left over, salty tears from your now rosy cheeks.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay being alone tonight?" He asked in a whisper. Reluctantly, you nodded.

"Is that an invitation to stay?" You asked him, a smile approaching your lips. He laughed quietly and nodded his head.

"Only if you'd let me." He whispered. You hand instinctively reached for his cheek. The coldness collided with the warmth of your fingers.

"Meet me tonight?" You asked, your eyes glimmering slightly. He nodded and reached for your hand.

"Our spot." He whispered before kissing the top of your hand. He pulled back and gave you a warm smile, parting ways.

"Goodnight, Darling." He said as he walked away. You watched as he left, the halls echoed with his footsteps.

You sat on your bed, still trying to grasp what was going on. Then the ground shook. Startled you went to your window and looked out.

Nothing.

But the floor shook beneath you again. You walked out to the hallway to see you weren't going crazy and others had felt it too. There were whispers all around as you walked out looking around for the cause.

Loki?

"I'm here. Stay in your room, I'll be back." He stated from behind you, walking past you and down the hallway.

"What? No-" you stopped him in his tracks, grasping his hand.

He smirked as he turned around to face you.

"I don't need you getting hurt Darling." He whispered softly. Leaving small kisses on your hands.

"I'm not going anywhere." You stubbornly said. Loki laughed, almost as if he know the answer.

"I can't say no to you." He smiled. He grabbed ahold of your hand once more, kissing the top on them gently.

Loki and you began to walk down to the entrance of the castle as Thor had soon joined.

You looked out and saw that the rainbow bridge had a massive hole in the middle of it. Everyone's eyes went wide as they looked at their home, now being destroyed.

Loki had pushed you behind him holding your hand, just as before. Thor looked worried and confused as a strange woman, who looked much like Loki, had been walking to the castle dragging what looked like civilians.

"So he's really gone isn't he? Oh I really wish I could have seen it." The woman spoke.

You looked to Loki, his stance faltered as he tensed.

"Kneel." She spoke, dropping the bodies.

"I beg your pardon?" Loki asked, cocking his head to the side.

"You sound just like him, Brother." She teased, smiling at him.

Brother?

You looked up at Loki confused, but he looked just as confused as you did.

Frigga had joined us and was in shock at the destruction of Asgard. Loki was now pushing you back, keeping you behind him then he turned around to look at you.

The concern was written all over his beautiful features. The kind of concern you have never seen him admit.

"Y/n, I need you to get out of here, do you understand me? Take Frigga with you." He turned back to look at you, then turned away. You shook your head and stared at him in disbelief.

He turned around, his brows furrowed. He placed his hands to your face waiting for an answer, and quickly.

"What? No! I can't just leave you here-"
You tried to speak, but you didn't get to finish before he kissed you, deeper than any kiss you could have imagined. He pulled back and smiled at you.

"I've got things covered here Darling." He gulped which made his statement unbelievable.

"I'll come back for you okay?" He finally spoke looking back to you and kissing you once more.

Before you could protest, he called for Heimdall and Thor and Loki were gone.

You and Frigga had been taken by the Bifrost.