Chapter 48: Barnes

Time jump
- 9 weeks from Loki's disappearance.-
(Almost 3 months)

It had been months at this point. Still no signs of Loki. You sat in what was now a vacant room. All of Loki's things had disappeared, along with him. Not a single trace of him.

It was quiet around the compound. Though, it hadn't stopped you from looking, you couldn't feel him anymore. Like he had the intention of not being found.

As much as you'd want to believe he was looking for you too, you knew that he wasn't.

It took a few days to get back into the swing of everything. Eating normally, walking, and training. Tony demanded for you to start physical therapy. To help recover the damage.

With help from none other than the two you've grown closest too.

"Come on y/n." Bucky pleaded. You dropped the heavy weights from your hands and sighed in annoyance.

"I'm trying Buck." You shot him a glare causing him to raise his hands in defense.

"Sorry!" He whispered softly.

"Let's take a break, shall we?" Strange slowly walked over, holding his arm out for you to take. As you reached for it, the three of you walked slowly to the outside of the compound.

Strange had changed. He wasn't as uptight as you once knew him to be. His grey and brown hair had been fluffed, making him look less professional. His bright blue eyes glimmered at the sight of you.

You took deep breaths, really taking in the air around you. It was beyond you how it was almost spring.

As they both led you to the side of the compound, your eyes widened as you noticed the large blanket of food, sprawled out under the large compounds oak tree. You quickly turned to strange, who you thought could have been the culprit.

He was always doing elaborate gatherings for the three of you.

"All his idea." Stephen smiled, pointing to Bucky. You quickly turned to him, a smile plastered on his face.

Bucky was different too. His fluffy brown hair had just recently been cut. His eyes looked brighter, he seemed happier. More alive.

"We've seen how hard you've been working lately." He whispered. Loud enough to only be heard by the three of you.

"I've also noticed, you need a break." He finished as he then grabbed your hand and rushed you to the tree. Laughs all around to be heard.

———
Stephens POV.

I watched as they happily ran to the tree. She laughed so effortlessly. Barnes was one lucky man.

He couldn't help but watch and let a small laugh escape his lips as he did so. As Strange wandered over, he noticed Thor make his way to the group.

Her face lit up at the sight of him.

———
Your POV.

Thor wandered over, you quickly made your way to him, embracing him in a hug that sent him back a few steps.

He laughed as he pick you up and spun you in a circle.

"I've missed you, my Queen!" Thor shouted loudly.

"When did you get back!" You asked him as he set you down and released you from his bear hug.

"Just a few minutes ago, how are you holding up?" He asked. Your eyes looked to the floor and you began to fiddle with your hands.