Chapter 71: Memory

A/N: this chapter has a few trigger warnings.
Talks about blood⚠️
Death scenes⚠️
Depression⚠️

On with the story.
————————————————

It had been six weeks since the battle Of Thanos.

———
Loki's POV

"She's not getting any better." Tony said. His frustration showed.

"Just give her some time." Thor replied.

Loki had walked into the room, overhearing the conversation between the team. He grabbed a glass and began pouring water into it. He sighed as everyone became quiet.

"I know." He answered. He turned around and faced everyone. Their gaze all glued to the floor.

"Her magic is gone and she can't remember why." Tony said, informing those around them.

"Thank you, for reminding me." Loki snarled. Tony rose his hands up to defend himself but didn't reply.

"You know what you have to do." Strange whispered, just enough for everyone to hear.

"No." Loki said. There was no room for negotiation.

"Loki-"

Strange tired to speak but Loki was growing aggravated with the situation.

"I refuse to have the one thing I have, ripped away from me." He claimed. The others nodded but strange stepped closer.

"She's only suffering." He said. Loki met Strange's gaze and then looked down.

"I can't." Loki whispered sadly. Strange placed a hand to his shoulder.

"Let me show you something." Strange led Loki to a separate room and sighed while Loki stood in silence.

"Read my memories." Strange said. Loki looked to him and raised an eyebrow.

"Come on, there's something I need you to see." He whispered. Loki placed his fingertips to Strange's temples. As he focused Loki's magic connected with Strange's mind.

Memory

There she was, rocking back and forth. As she turned around she revealed a baby. She smiled as a strange man entered the front door of an unfamiliar house.

He walked over and kissed y/n on the cheek before smiling down at the child.

There was a bright light as a new memory flashed.

Memory

Loki sat on the Throne of Asgard. Alone.

Misery had set it. He was finally King, but for all of the wrong reasons. And who was a King without his Queen?

As he sat on the Throne of Asgard he closed a book gliding his fingers over the title. He stands, walking over to his large bookshelf.

Thor bursts in, smiling at the sight of his brother. Loki looked up and noticed his oaf of a brother and smiled very slightly.

"Brother!" Thor walked closer arms widened.

"It's good to see you Thor." Loki stood and walked over, embracing his dear brother.

"It's been chaotic on Midgard." Thor announced as he released Loki from his hug.

"Not much to say about Asgard. The people are happy. They are safe." Loki responded with a nod. Thor grasped his brothers shoulder and smiled.