Chapter 20: Destruction

There he laid. In my arms, grasping for the last minute of breath he could reach. Gripping my arms tightly as I sobbed. I was helpless.

I had nothing left.

There laid the other half of me, my best friend, slowly dying a miserable, cold, and painful death.

His icy blue eyes now a pale blue.

His bright pink lips, now white, bloodied and cracked.

His porcelain skin now cut and bruised.

Now being engulfed in blue flames as I screamed for the Gods to have mercy, for I have made a mistake. A grave mistake.

And I was to blame.

—————————————————

I quickly shot up, sweating and gasping for a breath. I was dizzy, my head felt like a hurricane. I was sobbing.

What had I done?

Loki-

Before I could say anything aloud, I crumpled to my knees, and I sobbed, calling for him.

Yet there was no answer.

"Loki-" I whispered his name.

No reply.

I felt my body burn from the flames.

My mind had been racing.

My heart ached.

Soon enough I laid curled on the floor of my room, thinking of all the possibilities of what could have gone wrong, but now being embraced by a cold feeling.

Grief.

"Can you hear me? Please..." I cried out softly now weeping in my hands.

"Is anybody listening?" I asked out once more. The guilt crept over me and I couldn't take it. A cold finger wiped my tears away, lifting my chin up.

Loki

I went to grab him, I needed to feel him.
Just as I did, I fell through him and fell to my knees once more, he was gone.

An illusion I had created for myself.

Sobbing into my hands once more I was picked up again, this time being hushed, and cradled.

"Shh, it's okay, breathe Darling. I'm right here, do you hear me?" he stroked my cheek and wiped my tears away. I was shaking, and couldn't help myself but cry.

Loki wasn't the only one up now, I had caused a large crowd to form at my door.

"Hey what's going on, who's shouting!" Tony broke through the crowd to see me sobbing and Loki, cradling me and hushing my shouts. Tony quickly ran over, and glared at Loki.

"What did you do! Get out! Out, Reindeer Games!" Tony spat at him to leave. Before anyone could say anything Wanda cut in.

"No Tony, don't do that, she's finally sleeping. He was only helping." She said softly to keep from waking me up, and pointing back towards me.

Where I had now been fast asleep. Tony looked at Wanda and then back to Loki in disbelief.

"She needs to sleep. Can we please have the room, if you don't mind." Loki snapped. Everyone nodded and Wanda stood back.

"She'll be okay." She spoke again softly. Loki nodded while he looked down at me, still rocking me back and forth.

"Thank you- For doing that." Loki had said now rocking me back and forth.

"You guys seem nice. I'm happy for you two. Y/n deserves a happy ending." Wanda said now turning closing the door and waving goodnight.

Loki's POV.

I slowly got to my feet, still holding her. Being sure to be careful to not wake her.
After what happened I decided to stay up for awhile, just to be sure she would be okay. I guess hiding our 'exploring' was no longer a secret. That had been the least of my worries. I'm just glad she's okay.

What did she see in that dream that made her react the way she had?
She was using her magic as if she had been doing so for years.

Every once and awhile she would shift in her sleep, which had been making me tense. All I could do was stroke her head, which laid on my chest, and stare at the ceiling. Thinking.

Eventually everyone began to get up and start their day, but not without coming by and checking on y/n first.

They didn't seem to notice we had been laying the way we did and only cared for her safety, but I could tell once they left, they gossiped.

I didn't care. Soon I began to talk to her as she shifted slightly and groaned every few minutes.

"You are magnificent..." I whispered, only soft enough for myself to hear.

I just wanted her to be safe.

I needed her to be safe.

A few hours had past and she still had been asleep. I started to get worried, but stayed with her, every once and awhile asking Bucky or Wanda to bring me some food, I didn't want to move and disturb her. They seemed to understand and did so without any questions asked, which I was grateful for.

—————————————————

Your POV.

He was gone and it was all my fault.

I killed him.

I felt so numb. My heart throbbed for him.

"Loki, please come back.." I began to cry in my hands again. This time more and more grief coming over me.

No.

It's not real.

Wake up.
—————————————————

I fluttered my eyes open, the bright sun searing my eyes as I adjusted to the surface. I had still been crying, letting each year fall slowly. I was warm, yet all the more cold.

I turned to see Loki holding me tightly, sleeping. He must have been up for hours.

I ran my hand across his face, admiring his features. Relieved he was okay.

He was right here.

He was alive.

He slowly opened his eyes and quickly scrambled to find my hands, seeing I was now awake, he relaxed.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry I fell asleep, I should have stayed up and waited-" he said wiping my tears away that I forgot had yet to dry.

"Shh, it's okay. I'm okay. I'm just relieved that I didn't hurt you.." I whimpered, tightly holding his arm and gripping his
t-shirt. He stroked my head and took a deep breath. I could hear his heart slowly go back to its normal pace.

I was okay.

He was okay.
—————————————————

Loki's POV.

She was okay.

And so was I.

———
A/n: sorry for the late chapter! Next chapter will be out on Sunday!

Don't forget to vote and comment
if you like it❤️