Chapter 52: The Sanctuary II

Loki leads you to the back of the compound, cloaking the both of you, so you can't be seen.

He looks around before a blue and black portal forms and he holds your hand tighter, a sign of reassurance.

You both step through, as the brightness of New York fade, you both now stood on a large ship. Many, many aliens surrounded you both, carrying on with their work.

"Welcome to The Sanctuary II." A man said with a small smile. You both turned around, a very tall, muscular man with purple skin stood.

Lokis grip on your hand tightened.

"I've been expecting you." The man says to Loki. "And you've brought a guest." He smiles. You nod, keeping your eyes to the floor.

"What's your name?" He asks. You look up, nervousness approaching.

"Y/n-"

"Of Asgard?" He quickly questions. You nod and blink away slight tears from your eyes.

"Loki, you never mentioned your Queen." He says with a smirk. Loki gulps.

"No matter, y/n is it?" You nod at his question.

"Thanos." He says, almost friendly.

A young and short alien approached you both.

"Get a warm drink for the Asgardian. And a blanket." Thanos stated. As he did the young boy ran off.

"Come, let me show you around." You looked to Loki. Fear grew in his eyes.

You turned back to the man and as you stepped forward, Lokis grip tugged you back. You gulped. Turning back to him.

I'll be alright.

You say through your minds. Unsure if he had even heard you.

You slowly release his hand, letting it fall beside him. You turn back to the man and walk away, turning to look at Loki as you both walked away.

"What is this place?" You ask as your head turns back to the front of you. Still walking side by side with Thanos.

"We are a group of people, we care for each other." He whispered while he smiled at all the young aliens running around the ship.

"We look after one another." He said again. You looked to him, as he looked to you.

"It's our duty." He finishes.

Thanos led you to a lounge area, there were many families and friends conversing. You slowly sat down and as you did the alien boy rushed over with a blanket and a mug of brown liquid.

"Your drink, your majesty!" He bowed and you helped him back up.

"It's y/n. I am no queen young one." You smiled. As the boy smiled up at you his eyes glimmering with excitement he rushed off.

"Y/n, that's a beautiful name." You looked to your right to see a woman. Her blue, robotic skin was magical. You nodded your head with a smile.

"Nebula." She said softly. You smiled at her and took a sip of the drink.

"Where are you from?" She asked with enthusiasm.

"Asgard. But I also regard on Earth as well." You stated. She smiled and then shifted to uncross her legs. Thanos eyes scan the both of you closely.

"Why do you not claim the title?" Thanos asks, curiously. "Of Queen." He asked. You look to him.

"Because, though I am a Queen, yes- I abandoned my kingdom awhile ago." You say. You look away and to Nebula. She was quick to intervene.

"Any family?" She asked almost in a whisper.

"Not exactly." You slightly laughed. "Adopted family." You said again. She was taken aback but then smiled.

"Me too." She said with a smile. You looked to her and as she looked behind you, her soft, happy expression fell.

"Come child, we have a lot to discuss." You turned around and noticed the man, Thanos. Still standing behind you.

You took his hand and wrapped the blanket around your shoulders. You had no room to disobey. So, you followed him and a few others to a room, almost like the head of the ship.

"Space?" You asked looking out of the windows and out into the unknown.

"Yes, our planet was destroyed a long, long time ago, so we reside in the only place we know." He widened his arms to show off the area.

"Space." He said again with a wide grin.

"Tell me, what were you after?" He asked now stepping closer.

"What do you mean?" You asked with confusion written all over your face.

"Loki never mentioned you. Why would he-" he paused and furrowed his brows.

"Leave his Queen." He finished. You looked to your feet and then sighed.

"I fell in love..." you whispered. Thanos sighed with a loud huff and took a step forward.

"All will come in due time." He said again. With that another guard led you to another room, a bedroom.

You looked around worriedly, for Loki.

No where to be seen.

You couldn't hear his thoughts, nor could you communicate, something was wrong.

————
Thanos POV

"Father, you can't do this to her." Nebula stated.

"What she doesn't know, will simply not kill her." Thanos responded.

"Father, she loves him- why let her forget him?" Nebula stepped closer and looked up to her dad.

"Love is for children." He claimed.

"I need her focused." He stated. Nebula looks away and then back up.

"She has a family-"

"We are her family." Thanos snapped.

"Believe it or not, I've come to like her." Thanos said. Nebulas expression changed from worry to envy.

"Her and Gamora will be great sisters."  Thanos said. Nebula closed her eyes in frustration.

Then Ebony Maw appeared.

"If we could ever find her." Maw said. Thanos turned to him and nodded.

"We will find her. Maybe our new Asgardian will know something." Thanos said. Maw looked to Thanos.

"You are a genesis sire!" Maw said with a laugh.

"Of course I am." Thanos said while he turned back to the large windows to look outside.

"Soon, there will be nothing, but stability in this universe." He whispered.

"Free of suffering." He said again.

A menacing smile tugged at his lips.

"And now I have the perfect weapon."

————
A/n: welll?? How is it? What do you thinkkk?

It's kind of short but next chapter will be out tomorrow!

Thank you for all the sweet comments! I hope you are all enjoying this story as much as I am enjoying writing it!

Don't forget to vote and comment!❤️