Chapter 59: Grief

It had been twenty-three days since you and your team lost at the hands of Thanos. Your heart was shattered. But you still needed to keep going. There was no sign of Tony, or Peter, nor Strange and Wong.

You sat in Loki's room, on his bed. You had stolen a few t-shirts and wore only his clothes. His scent still lingered on the surfaces. The nights were long, and miserable.

Natasha would try and feed you, if you were eating, she didn't know. All she could do was hope. Steve was going to counseling after losing Bucky, but you just couldn't see how that was going to help.

So, you sat, another night in Loki's warm, comfortable and unused bed, you missed how cold it used to be, due to his body's coldness.

While the others talked a lot with the rest of the team. As much as they could. They were searching for Thanos.

You on the other hand, you were mourning, not only the deaths of your loved ones, Peter, Tony, Bucky and most of all, Loki, but you were doing so by shutting out the world.

And it was excruciatingly hard.

Rumbles came, shaking the bed you sat in. Your weary eyes looked around only to find no source of the noise.

You got to your aching feet and walked out into the living room where the team was rushing out of the compound.

Unsure why, you walked slowly to follow them. You walked slowly, heart shattering with every step. Your arms were crossed at the cold, light wind that blew and your eyes were glued to the green fluffy grass. Unable to hear the far away conversation you kept your eyes to the floor.

"I lost him...I lost the kid..."

"We lost..." Steves voice responded sadly.

"Is she...where's y/n..."  Steve looked to Natasha, who looked to the ground. Tony's eyes grew wide. You slowly approached, your eyes slowly making way to the scene unfolding around you.

"Oh...oh no... no..." Tony's voice sadly whispered "no, no, no not another one-"

"Tony?" Tony's sadden gaze shot to you. His eyes bawled with tears, and he opened his arms, walking to you slowly but surely.

"Oh my god y/n..." as he made it to you, he collapsed into your arms, and he became in a state of shock. You held him up and wrapped your arms around him; sadly. Digging your head into his shoulder.

"He's gone Tony..." you whispered. Tony rubbed your back as you sobbed quietly.

"I'm so sorry kiddo." His words were full of sympathy and so much sorrow. You slowly pulled away as a woman, who you only came to know of recently as Pepper Potts wandered over and fell into his arms.

You wiped your tears and turned back to Natasha and Steve. You stood, almost ashamed of how you've been grieving lately.

They lost parts of the team too. You slowly walked over to Natasha and hugged her tightly.

"It's okay..." she stated quietly. She knew how sorry you were, without you having to tell her.

"It's alright y/n." She whispered as you softly cried into her short, red hair. She slowly walked you alongside of Steve, Rocket, Thor, Tony, Pepper, Bruce, Wanda and Rhodey.

As you walked away there were now two new faces you didn't recognize. As Natasha pulled you into the meeting room you sat leaned up against the meeting room wall.