Chapter 47: Regret

Authors Note- this chapter will be extremely short, and I'm sorry for that but it's important! Don't skip, I will add onto this in the next chapter! Thank you.

Enjoy!

————
Loki's POV

Her screams echoed throughout his head. Asking him to love her. And for the first time, he felt powerless.

His footsteps create craters in the snow and the cold winter wind stings his cheeks.

The world was still spinning. But somehow he wasn't convinced. Loki's understanding of love was far from perfect, but he knew that love was something he'd die for, and not in the way you would think.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid." He mumbled.

Loki was never one to regret things. Rarely his regret was out of remorse. This kind of situation was out of his hands.

He knew what had to be done. He believed he was the only one in the way of doing what's right.

"How could I have been so dull." He whispered angrily. He shook his head and lowered it to the snow.

Frigga always told him to not be afraid of what you cannot touch.

Love was one of those things.

But Loki wasn't afraid of it, he despised it.

Love disguised itself.

Love wasn't something you could reach for, it was something that reached for you. And just when it does, it stabs you in the back.

Though, despite all efforts, he was never one to love. Especially when it came to you.

Loki looked to the snow falling and then behind him, to the large Avengers Tower.

"I was a fool to think this was home." He grit his teeth and walked away into the distance.

Farther and farther from the compound he drew and without much thought, he wandered for hours.

Eventually as he was walking, a large portal flew open in front of him. He stopped in his tracks and knew what he had to do. He knew what this meant.

After all, this was the winning side.

Right?