Chapter 40: Disbelief

You gasped as you came to the surface of the water.

As you looked around you were dragged back underwater. Hela try's to stab you. Just barely missing.

As her hold on you loosens, you swim to the top. You gasp loudly.

"Y/n!" Thor called out from the rainbow bridge.

"Thor-"

You were pulled under once more, a large blade penetrating your thigh. You gasp. The cold, Asgardian water flooded your mouth as you choked.

Your breath was fading as you felt yourself grip Hela again, teleporting the both of you again.

As the water and coldness subsided, you roughly hit the warm Asgardian soil.

You choked up water and then grasped the handle of the blade in your thigh. You screamed as you pulled it out. Throwing it to the side.

You gripped your thigh, shutting your eyes tightly and the searing pain grew.

Hands grabbed the back of your neck, lifting you to your feet.

———
Thors POV.

As I shouted down from the rainbow bridge, I watched her get pulled under again.

Jumping into the water would be suicide. The height was exponentially higher than before. Let alone hitting the sharp rocks below was a factor.

Thor watched helplessly as Loki gripped the side of the bridge, waiting for her to rise to the surface again.

Loud screams came from the palace. Thor looked to the noise as Loki stood quickly and dashed to the sound.

Fenrir quickly jumped in front of him. Stopping both of the brothers from running to her.

"If this dog doesn't move I'm going to rip it to shreds." Loki sneered. Fenrir growled and stepped closer, causing Loki to stand his ground.

"Loki don't." Thor demanded.

———
Lokis POV.

I knew that voice anywhere.

She could be dying and the only thing keeping me from her is this dog.

"Loki don't." Thor pleaded. Almost in defeat.

He looked to his brother, tears in Thor's eyes.

Loki grit his teeth and turned back to Fenrir.

"Do something." Loki sneered. Fenrir looked away as he heard another scream come from her direction.

He dashed across the bridge, to her.

———
Your POV.

Hela drops you, shutting your eyes in pain as you collided with the ground. You slowly got to your feet. Hela stood opposite of you. In awe of your survival.

You looked to her.

"This is not your home." You whispered, out of breath and grimacing at the pain in your thigh.

"But it will be." She teased.

With your powers, you pick up some debris on the ground from the castle around you. Her eyes widen. She forms two swords.

You fling the debris at her, she blocks them diligently. But one rock hits her leg, causing her to fall to one knee.

You sigh, breathing heavily.

"You can't win this." You state. She looks to you and nods.

"I'll die trying." She stands and swings her sword your way. You use your magic to catch the blade. As you toss it up, it flies out of her hand.