Chapter 61: Finding the Stones

Back on Earth, you, Nebula, Natasha and Rocket all surrounded the meeting room table. You had your arms rested on the end of the table, leaning over it.

"So what you're saying is if we get this stone, god knows which one it is- then we can possibly reverse the snap?" Natasha asks as she takes a bite of her sandwich.

Your brows furrow and you bite the inside of your cheek, swiping across the hologram to the next page.

"I'm not saying it's guaranteed, but we owe it to those who aren't here to at least try." You say, focusing on the research in front of you.

"Stealing my lines now?" She smirks. You lose focus as you laugh slightly at her friendly banter. You shoot her a look.

"It sounds better when I say it." You whisper. She laughs and then begins to flip through the files that were left in Fury's office.

He too had been snapped.

"It says here, that the planet doesn't have specific coordinates but-" Natasha reads but is cut off by Nebula.

"I can tell you where it is." All eyes land on Nebula. As if you had asked 'couldn't you have said that earlier?'

"How?" Rocket chimes in.

"That's where-" she pauses, closing her black voided, robotic eyes before she sighed.

"Where he killed my sister." She finally says. Your eyes sadden. You truly felt bad for Nebula.

"Gamora." She stated. Almost as if this was the first time she's said her name since her death.

Rockets pen drops. You look to him. His normally perky ears had fallen. His eyes slightly watered. He looked at Nebula in disbelief.

"What?" He asks. His fallen ears falling father back from his sadness.

"Vormir-" she starts again.

"No I heard you." He says. His nose twitches and he slightly shakes his head at her.

"Gamora...?" He whispered softly. You looked to Nebula and then back to Rocket.

Clearly there were pieces you were missing.

"Oh my god...Quill-" he steps away, holding his hands to his head and shaking it sadly.

As he turns around, his arms drop. He looks to Nebula with sadness in his eyes.

"She's gone?" He asked her. Nebula nods, unsure how Rocket knew of her at all.

He didn't care to share. He sits in the far corner, as the three of you left gather the things your going to need.

You, Natasha, and Nebula all begin to walk out, and to Rockets space ship. Which he lended to you. He refused to go.

Rightfully so. He looked uneasy.

He was sad, though he wouldn't admit it.

"Approaching jump in 3, 2, 1." Nebula counts.

Nebula pilots through space, Natasha looks to you and grabs your hand. You look to her, a small smile on her lips.

The bright purple colors light up her face and you smile back at her. She slightly laughs. You couldnt help but do the same.

As darkness of space invaded the ship, her laughs slowly end, she takes a deep breath.

Your gaze never left hers. She gave you a reassuring smile.

"What are you gonna do when you get him back?" She asks, leaning her head back against the chair. You look away, a small smile appearing at the thought.