Chapter 28: Vulnerability

It had been a few days and you were becoming anxious waiting for Thor to tell you when you'd be leaving. It was becoming more apparent that he was putting it off.

So you thought you would take it upon yourself and wake them up so you could get a head start with your day. You took a quick shower, trying your best to not wake Loki up in the process and made some breakfast.

"Why are you up so early?" You jumped as someone spoke from behind you and turned around.

"Jesus! Don't do that!" You turned around and Loki had been standing by the door to his room leaning against its frame with his arms crossed.

"Jesus?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

"I like the way you scream a gods name." He whispered as he walked over to you and took the apple from your hand, holding it in front of you and raising his brows at you.

You rolled your eyes, turning back to the fridge, while a small smile appeared on your face. Ignoring his flirtatious comment.

"This isn't exactly a healthy breakfast." He whispered in your ear.

You spun back around, taking your apple from him and took a bite, walking past him. He smiled at you as you walked over to the living room.

"We are leaving today Loki. And don't give me an excuse this time." You took another bite of the apple and looked up at him as he crept closer, now sitting on the couch next to you.

"What's the matter?" You now watched him confused as he looked a little uncomfortable.

"You're being quiet...what's wrong?" He didn't answer, which made your nerves spark.

"The Loki I know, loves to talk." You smiled but he didn't budge. He stared in silence looking down at his feet and then looking back up to you.

"Have I ever told you what-" he looked back at his hands searching for the right words and then spoke again.

"What I am?"

"What do you mean?" You were now smiling and kind of laughing, confused. He looked at the ground puzzled.

"Close your eyes- please?" He looked back at you and looked sad. You furrowed your brows and closed your eyes waiting for him to speak again.

"Please don't be frightened..." he gave your hand a squeeze and let go, a few minutes later he spoke again.

"Okay- go ahead..." he asked you to open your eyes, and when you did, you looked at the man you once knew, now his pale skin an icy blue, and his ocean eyes now a piercing red. You looked at him questions racing through your mind.

"Don't be afraid Darling..." he whispered nervously.

You raised your hand and slowly went to put it to his face, as you always had.

"No! Don't- don't do that..." he moved out of your reach and looked down at his hands again.

"You can't touch me..." he spoke in a whisper.

"Why not?" You asked him, confused by his behavior.

"I'm a monster..." he said, again not returning your concerning gaze and looking at his hands.

"Loki, what are you talking about?" You soothed, you crawled a little closer, not too close to make him uncomfortable but just enough so he would know you were right there.

"You are no monster my love...you are still my Loki." You said with low, soft tones. He sharply looked up at you, and you smiled at him.

"How could I not be?" He said looking at you sadly. His skin now going back to his normal color and his eyes back to his beautiful tones of blues and greens.

"You are a lot of things my love, but a monster is not one of them." You grew closer and embraced him. He seemed to relax as before he was tensed. You pulled back and looked at him, smiling softly.

"You are still the man I fell in love with Loki." He gave you a small smile and then returned back to his hands.

"My father is Laufey..." he said quietly.

"I am a frost giant." He sighed, talking calmly. Waiting for a response.

"You are Loki." You said firmly.

"The God of Mischief." He looked up at you and smiled at your words.

"The rightful King of Asgard." You nudged his arm slightly and he laughed a little.

"Being who you truly are, does not change the quality of your presence." You said, now running your fingers through his hair. He looked relieved at your responses.

"You sound like my mother." He smiled down at his hands and laughed to himself. He looked up at you and gave you a weak smile.

He was hiding something.

"Lokes, what's going on?" You asked, grabbing his hand and now holding it in yours.

"I just- I expected this to go terribly. I hadn't exactly had a plan for that." He had become vulnerable around you just then.

You lifted his chin with your finger and tucked a piece of hair behind his ear before cupping his cheek in the palm of your hand.

"I fell in love with every aspect of you."
He sunk into your hand and sighed.

"I found love where it wasn't supposed to be, in a man I had no intention of meeting." You continued. He looked back at you and you could see the slight tears in his eyes. As you noticed, you wrapped your arms around him, now sitting in his lap as he had let you.

You rubbed his back and you both sat there for a few minutes, just waiting for the other to speak. Finally he released you and looked up at you with hopeful eyes.

You reclaimed your spot in the couch, off of Loki, as you both pulled away.

"You really want to go back? To Asgard?"

"Only if you plan on coming with." You smiled back at him. He gave you a small smile in return and nodded.

"I'd follow you to the ends of the nine realms, Darling." He whispered. You smiled at that one.

Asgard could wait one more day.

—————
A/n: hehehe if you liked this chapter, then you are gonna love the next one🥰

I hope you enjoyed! If you did don't forget to comment and vote for this chapter! Thank you all soso much for all the love and support!

Next chapter will be up on Friday!

❤️