Chapter 45: Tesseract

Loki's POV

As he walked down the well lit streets he smiled at the sight. The snow began to fall again.

"She would have loved this." He shook his head as he talked to himself and continued walking down the sidewalks of New York City.

————
Your POV

As you walked out of the room, your eyes adjusted to the bright Christmas lights set up around the compound. You smiled.

You were home.

You touched the Garland that covered the mantles of the room, the tree, that was very well decorated and the fake snow underneath it.

You felt a slight stab to your chest and you gasped. You fell to your knees and gripped the source of the pain, your shoulder.

"Y/n?" A voice called out.

"Y/n? Oh my god! Y/n!" As someone ran over as you began to feel light headed.

"Loki-" you gasped.

"No, no it's me!" The man said. You shook your head.

"No- it's Loki!" You said again.

"No it's me, it's Peter!" You looked up and grasped his hand.

"Wheres Loki-" you said breathlessly

"Is that-" another voice called out.

"Kid?" Tony rushed over to you and you looked up with tears in your eyes.

"Somethings wrong." You said nervously.

————
Loki's POV

There he was.

"Hear me and rejoice! You have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan." Loki gripped his shoulder in agony and tore the blade out. He slumped over as the blood covered his suit.

"You may think this is suffering. No... it is salvation. The universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice." The alien said coldly.

"Smile... for even in death, you have become children of Thanos."

Loki's eyes widened at the name.

————
Your POV

"No- no something is wrong!" You yelled as Bruce and Steve pulled you back to your bed.

"What is wrong is you shouldn't be walking, you need to take it easy-" Bruce tried to say.

"Bruce, if you don't let me go, I'm going to hit you." You gritted your teeth and spoke to him under your breath.

"He doesn't have a choice." Tony finally said walking into the room.

"Where is he- tell me you found him-"

"No, kid...look you need to take things easy. You just woke up, and it's been-"

"I don't care how long it's been! Where is Loki!" You shouted back. Thor rushed in and stood by your bedside, he smiled and a tear slipped from his eye.

"Y/n!" He whispered with tears falling to his cheeks.

"Thor, oh my god..." you said. You slowly embraced him in a tight hug. As you released your hold on him, you looked at him nervously.

"Thor, somethings wrong, it's Loki-"

———
Loki's POV

His mind was racing. What did he want? Why was he here? What could Thanos possibly want with him?

"In all the time I have served Thanos, I have never failed him." Ebony Maw was a loyal servant to Thanos. He always had been.

"Though, in all of that time, I've never meet such a weak God. If you can even call yourself that." He finished.

Loki backed into a small corner of the ally way, which he was pulled into. Grasping his shoulder.

"What is it you want." Loki asked with a angered tone.

"The Tesseract." He simply said.

"If you will give it here, I can leave and you will be unharmed." Maw was not one for patience.

"I don't have it." Loki simply stated. Maw began to pace the ally and then finally sighed.

"Well that's too bad. I was hoping I wouldn't have to hurt her." Maw finally said. Loki scrabbled to his feet as fast as he could holding a hand to stop maw.

"Wait! Wait, no-" Loki begged. Maw stopped and turned to Loki with pity.

"Don't hurt her, please..."

"Pathetic." Maw whispered. Loki walked closer and paused.

"She's all I have left." Loki admitted.

"Love makes you weak Asgardian." Maws words didn't effect Loki. He knew how weak he was around her. He would give her the world.

"The Tesseract. Or she suffers."

———
Your POV

"What do you mean?" Thor asked while helping you to your feet.

"I don't- I don't know, something just isn't right." You stated while changing into a pair of jeans and a new shirt.

"Y/n, you're bleeding!" Thor exclaimed. You looked to your shoulder and noticed blood that hadn't stopped.

"We need to find him." You urgently stated.

"How do you suppose we find him?" Thor asked you. You didn't know, you just felt it.

"I'm not sure, I've just got a feeling..." Thor and you walked out of the building, some of the Avengers following behind.

"Kid! You can't just leave!" You turned to Tony and then furrowed your brows.

"Then come with..." you asked softly. Tony huffed and then nodded.

————
Loki's POV.

"It's on Asgard..." Loki stated bravely.

"Impossible. We have already checked." Maw scanned Loki's expressions.

"Do not lie to me Son of Odin. You will regret it." Maw snarled.

"I don't- I don't know-"

Loki?

Loki looked around nervously. Scared of his own mind.

"Well?" Maw asked once more.

Loki, where are you?

"Get out of my head..." Loki whispered.

"Loki!" A voice called out.

"Brother! Where have you gone!" Thor's recognizable voice boomed.

"Time is ticking." Maw tested.

"Loki! Where are you!"

Maw rolled his eyes and formed a blade out of the snow around him making an ice sickle.

"I suggest you tell me." He threatened.

"I don't know!" With Loki's response Maw sighed and threw the ice into Loki's leg, causing him to fall.

"Loki-" as the voice called his name, an excruciating scream followed.

Maw formed a portal and stared down at Loki.

"The titan will be back. Don't make the same mistakes." With nothing left to say maw disappears through the portal.

Loki slowly pulled the ice out of his leg with a grimace and used his magic to heal his wound. He stood, following the screams outside the alleyway. His eyes shot to the crowd of Avengers and in the middle laid the love of his life, bleeding.

"Don't just stand there!" Tony yelled. Loki teleported to them and fell to his knees. Without hesitation he healed your wounds.

He stared at you in disbelief.

"Are you-" he paused and reached for your face.

"In my head..." he asked cautiously. With the touch of your cheek, he gasped for air.

Fresh air.