Chapter 12: Truths

He came for me.
I woke up still in the same spot, still just him and I. I fluttered my eyes open and turned my head towards him.

"How did you-" I coughed and took another breath,

"How did you find me?" I finally asked.

I could just feel it. Now don't talk.

I could tell he was scared.

"Loki I'm okay, you don't have to-"

I thought you died. I thought I was too late. If I couldn't heal you in time it would have been my fault.

I was shocked. He cared? As if he could tell what I had asked myself he responded.

"Of course I care y/n." His low and husky voice seemed to crack a little.

"Does this mean we're friends now?" I laughed and then seized in pain.

"If that will make you stop talking, then yes. We are friends, the bestest of friends." He was annoyed at my request but didn't turn it down.

Progress.

I laid my head back down, and the team arrived. All shocked and concerned.

"Oh my god- kid are you okay? What hurts? Banner get in here!" Tony yelled with urgency.

"Shh, she needs to sleep, her wounds won't heal properly if she doesn't rest." Loki said in a hushed voice.

"Shut up Reindeer Games I think I know what best for-" he stopped himself as Loki had just fallen asleep, completely exhausted.

"He used too much magic to heal me, it's physically draining, he's right I need to sleep, Tony." I said giving his hand a squeeze and smiling weakly, letting him know I was okay.

Before I knew it I was fast asleep and all my worries and pain had subsided.

Loki's POV.

I couldn't keep my eyes open long enough. I was so tired. But eventually we made it back to the tower, Thor had nudged me to wake up.

"You should go stay with her. She needs a friend right now." Thor said trying to not upset me. I nodded and followed Banner and Tony to the medical ward.

Banner didn't appreciate that but Tony seemed to be thankful that she'd wake up and someone would be there. Banner laid her on the bed, she looked rough. It was hard to see her like this, being hooked up to so many machines. I was quickly brought out of my thoughts by Tony speaking to me.

"Reindeer Ga- Loki, can we talk for a moment." Tony looked like it was really important, I looked back at Y/N and made my way out of the room with Tony.

"Thank you. I don't know what I would have done if you weren't there to-" he stopped, looking at his feet.

"If she hadn't made it." He finished.

"Is the Tony Stark, thanking me? Now that's unheard of. I must tell the others about this!" I smiled putting my hands in my pockets.

I shifted slightly, now uncomfortable with the seriousness of the room.

"Tony, it wasn't a big deal. She's my friend. I wouldn't want my only friend to die without even knowing we were friends to begin with." I pushed aside my humor. It was true. I couldn't watch my friend die.