Chapter 49: All of The Stars Above

As you both walked the streets of New York, the streets were busy, but quiet. You stuffed your hand into your leather jackets pockets as you walked side by side with Bucky.

"Don't like parties?" You questioned him. He chuckled and shook his head.

"I never said that." He smirked. You turned to him.

"I just like the silence." He finished. The silence was nice. Comforting.

"Though, I don't mind a bit of a risk." He followed. His voice had a sense of, adventure.

"How so?" You asked with a laugh. He stopped and turned to you.

"Can I show you something?" He asked. You tilted your head and laughed nervously.

"Should I be worried?" You asked him with a smile. He quickly shook his head.

"Not with me." For a moment you stared into his eyes, nervously you looked away and nodded your head.

"Do you mind a walk?" He asked, as if you would say no. You smiled and shook your head. Bucky held his hand out for you to take.

Cautiously you took his hand, he led you through New York. He finally stopped, letting go of your hand as you both reached the destination.

You stood in awe of the scenery. As night began to fall, you stood on a beautiful bridge, over a creek of water.

"Where are we?" You asked as you let go of his hand and walked to the edge of the bridge looking out over the water

"Bow Bridge." He replied. You turned to him.

"Central Park?" You smiled and turned back to the water. "Why here?" You asked him. He slowly leaned against the bridges railing and sighed.

"It's relaxing." He replied. You looked over to him. A smile approaching your lips.

"Come here often?" You joked. He laughed, tossing his head down.

"I do." He finally said. He leaned forward, pushing himself off from leaning on the railing.

You closed your eyes, taking the deepest breath you had taken today. As you opened your eyes you, turned to him.

"I could really use a drink." You laughed. He smiled and then nodded.

"Me too." He smiled. You noticed his attitude change. He was nervous.

"Buck?" you whispered. His eyes shot to your and you smiled.

"Thank you." You said softly. A smile tugged at the corner of his lips and he nodded, you then continued to look out over the water below the bridge.

You sighed. Beginning to stare up at the stars, which faintly sat in the sky, just above the pink and orange clouds. Though you couldn't see them clearly, you found comfort knowing they were still there.