Chapter 19: More Headaches

I began to train again with Steve and Bucky the next few days, I was, to say the least, rusty. And I wasn't as fast as I could have been. As well as still training with Loki, he was going easy on me and I had noticed. Which he eventually gave up on.

Loki was the only one who didn't treat it like a lesson, who wasn't scared to get hurt, or for me to get a bit hurt either for that matter. It was the most likely training to help me in real life, compared to my training with Steve, who would tell me exactly what he was about to do and how I should react before either of us had even moved.

I knew he meant well, but it was too unrealistic, what kind of attacker told you how he was about to attempt to try and stab you before he did it? So that was why I had liked training with Loki. Well, one of the reasons. Obviously that wasn't the only reason, hes my best friend. He was funny, in a sarcastic kind of way, which always made me laugh.

I was in deep in thought, when all of a sudden my feet weren't on the floor anymore. I let out a gasp of surprise as i was flipped off of my feet, and hit the floor hard, on my back. Until I was staring in Loki's eyes, which had been dangerously close. He'd brought me swiftly back down to Earth, literally.

"Never lose focus when there's a possibility of a threat." Loki told you, holding out his hand with a smirk. Glaring at him and ignoring the ache in my back, I had knocked his hand away and struggled to my feet.

"I did everything right then, I don't consider you dangerous." I said, clenching my jaw as I faced him and noticed how especially energetic he looked this morning.

"Well you should." he countered, holding back a smile as he watched me roll my eyes. You were the only person around here who made him want to smile.

It was odd. He had learnt to tolerate the company at the compound since they'd started being civil towards him, and maybe even enjoyed their presence once in a while. I was one of these few people. But it was still strange, there was something different with me. A good kind of different.

Suddenly Loki was flat on his back. He began to stare at me for a second too long and i had taken the advantage. But it was difficult to feel good about my attacks when my heart was racing.

Training with Loki had become difficult the moment we realized that there was something more between us. Either way we were still on our toes.

"Never lose focus when there's a possibility of a threat. Why are you so distracted?" I mocked him, putting emphasis on the word 'distracted' and holding out my hand. Big mistake.

Loki grabbed my outstretched arm and flipped me over as easily as if I were a pancake, pinning me to the ground with his magic. I fought against it angrily, glaring at him from the floor as he stood up, unable to speak.

"I don't consider you dangerous." he said, but there was a cocky smirk to accompany it.

I had went immediately for the attack, which he predicted, blocking everything I threw at him with quicken pace and skill, causing me to huff in frustration and push forward, throwing all I had at him.

He was good. Too good.

Loki was beginning to break, his defense becoming weaker as I advanced. He had considered letting me past, just to have the satisfaction of letting me think I had a win and then taking it from me. Only to then let me break through, my blue flames accidentally hitting his side.

Now he wasn't messing around. Now I had a plan, but you needed to be careful: it was going to hurt. I was going to let him catch me with some magic, only a bit, and pretend to get hurt. Surely I would be able to gauge his feelings for me from his reaction to thinking I was hurt. I really hoped so, because this was going to be painful.

I wasn't playing to win this time, I just wanted a break, and if you knew Loki, this was the only way you were going to get it. I teleported behind him, immediately hurling your magic at his back, and watched in disbelief as he spun around and blocked it completely.

I'd never tried that before, and it hadn't made me feel amazing. I decided to give up on my plan just as I thought I might be sick, until a blast of green magic rocketed towards me and hit me square in the face.

It was like an out of body experience. The pain that I been feeling was immense, and there was nothing I could do as I felt myself slam backwards into the floor.

Ouch

My vision was fuzzy, and I could hear a loud ringing inside my head, so loud I thought I might go deaf from it. There was a sharp throbbing pain in the back of my head. Squeezing my eyes shut, I had tried to focus on something other than the pain.

"Y/n? Darling, open your eyes, look at me!" Loki's blurry face came swimming into view as I opened my eyes slowly. The ringing was getting quieter as he talked to me, but the pain wouldn't fade. My head felt warm and fuzzy...and sticky?

Loki's face was white as he dropped to his knees next to me. There was so much blood.

We had gotten too carried away.

"Keep – just keep your eyes open okay? Don't close your eyes..." he spoke nonsense as he put his hands over my head, not knowing what he was going to do. My vision was fading in and out slowly. Seconds felt like minutes.

Suddenly my headache stopped and I could open my eyes, only to see Loki had been shaking and Bruce stood over me, with a stethoscope, to what I assume he was checking my heart and breathing with.

"She's okay. Just a concussion and some slight bleeding. What did you say happened?" He asked turning over his shoulder to Loki.

"She fell, from- up there." He said pointing to the ceiling.

"And how did she get up there?" He asked again raising an eyebrow.

"We have powers Banner, what do you want me to say?" He snarled. Bruce looked slightly scared of Loki.

"She's fine, she  just needs some rest. No more training for today." Bruce packed up his things and left quickly, looking back to make sure I was okay.

Ouch

I know I'm sorry...

Don't be sorry.

I tried to get myself up only to feel my head pulsing again and laying back down.

"Okay- yep, I'm just going to lay here for awhile." I softly said to myself. Loki had kneeled beside me, putting his arms underneath me and lifting me.

"Come on, let's go get some sleep." He too was tired and couldn't stay awake.

He used his last bit of strength to teleport us to his room, laying me down gently.

After laying me down he headed for the door.

Stay

He shot his gaze around to where I had been laying, looking sadly in his direction.

"Are you sure?" He had furrowed his eyebrows and looked at me.

"We're both tired. That's all, come on." I said not wanting to get into another conversation about what we had been exploring. He sat down on the bed and laid there, cold to the touch.

Nonetheless I laid my head down on his chest and drifted to sleep.

With no worries whatsoever.

A/n: next chapter will be up on Friday!! Enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment!

Happy reading!❤️