Chapter 26: Life

Time jump 2 months later.

Life was good.

It had been about six months officially since I joined the Avengers, and got the know Loki. There had been fewer missions and Tony thought it would be a good idea if we all take a trip somewhere.

"No of course not together! I don't want to go on vacation only to be stuck with you guys again!" Tony shouted.

"Well then why did you offer!" Steve protested as Bucky rose his hands upset that he wasn't going with him.

"Man, what the heck!" Bucky said furrowing his brows. Tony threw his hands up in defense and shrugged.

"Look man I've got a wife, I don't want to deal with our kids too!" He shouted looking around and pointing to all of them around the room.

Meanwhile everyone was fussing in the kitchen, I was curled up in someone else's arms, happily.

I had my head on Loki's chest and laughing at something he said as he curled a piece of my hair around his finger.

"It's true, I was disguising myself and then 'Thunder Thumbs' showed up and ruined it all!" He laughed along with me as I caught my breath.

"So you banished Odin, to a nursing home?" I laughed and smiled at the thought of a king being somewhere
so unkind.

"Yes, how did you not notice! It was so bloody obvious!" He was looking at the ceiling and then back to me.

"You have to remember, I never visited the king, let alone let myself become aware of your disappearance." I said now stopping the laughs and smiling at him.

He still twirled the piece of hair around his finger and smiled at me.

"So he's just gone? Vanished?" I asked looking up at him.

"Fortunately, yes. Or so we have recently been told." He spoke again and then there was silence.

"In his own?" I questioned. It was so unlike Odin. Not that it concerned me much,

"Yes Darling." He slightly laughed. I sat quietly and watched as his breathing slowed, becoming more relaxed.

The quietness echoed.

"You make me love who I've become."
He stopped twisting the piece of hair around his finger, letting it drop on his bare chest. I smiled at his comment.

He was always so sweet.

He definitely had a way with his words.

"We could go back you know..." I said smiling.

"Where is that Darling?" He looked at me confused lifting his head from his pillow.

"Asgard." I said looking in his eyes for his answer.

"You know we can't, our lives are here." He let his head fall back onto the pillow, twirling the piece of hair he let drop.

"We could make the people there happy Loki...your mom, she can't do it all alone..." I said now sitting up and looking at him. The sun had been warm on the back of my arms as the sun had shown through the curtains.

"I will talk to Thor okay? Now less talking, come here." He said smiling up at me and pulling me back to him. I giggled and caved in, letting him cuddle me.

A few hours had passed and the sun was still going strong, Loki and I have yet to leave bed, but Tony and Wanda had practically had been forcing us to get out of there and live our lives.

"Come on, you never spend time with me anymore! It's truly heartbreaking kid." Tony said through the door now making me feel guilty.

"Fine, fine! We'll come out!" I said shouting past the door. Loki sighed and looked at me.