Chapter 55: Wakanda

Buckys POV

Sam was piloting as Steve walked over.

"Drop to 2600, heading 0-3-0." Steve said walking up to sam.

" I hope you're right about this, Cap. Or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to." Sam exclaimed before pushing the Quinjet into place.

The Quinjet passes through a camouflage force field into Wakanda's Golden City's valley and lands at the airfield outside the palace.

King T'Challa and the Dora Milaje approach to greet him and the team.

"He's coming, T'Challa." He said slowly walking over, a worried look on his face.

"We need to get that Stone out of vision, quickly." Steve said, he nodded and looked to Okoye.

They all walked to Shuris lab. Where Vision laid on the table. Shuri scans the Stone with her kimoyo beads while Vision lies on the examination table. She flips her hand over and studies the hologram projected over her palm.

"Whoa. The structure is polymorphic." She admired the Stone.

"Right! We had to attach each neuron non-sequentially." Bruce exclaimed. He was excited of his work.

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?" Shuri asked while now staring at Bruce. He looked taken aback. Vision looks at Bruce as if to ask the same thing.

"Because, we didn't think of it...?" He said uncertainly. Shuri smiled at his reassuringly.

"I'm sure you did your best." She smiled and turned back to Vision.

"Can you do it?" Wanda asked her while holding Natasha's hand.

"Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures." Wandas grip on Natasha's hands tightened and Natasha gave her a reassuring squeeze.

"I will need time, brother." She said turning to T'Challa.

"How much time Shuri?" Natasha asked now stepping closer and releasing Wandas hand.

"As long as you can give me." She softly smiled and she nodded to her.

"It's coming..." Wanda said as her expression grew cold.

"Something's entered the atmosphere." Okoye said while her kimoyo beads chime an alarm; she flicks one bead into her palm, where it projects the globe with a pulsing location marker.

Bucky slowly walked over to the window of the lab. Bucky turned to Steve who nodded to him. Bucky was met with Sam who now landed, taking place beside him. He looked up as Sam placed a hand to his earpiece.

"Hey, Cap, we got a situation here." Sam stated.

The defense shield over Wakanda destroyed one of the alien vessels when it slammed into the field at full attack acceleration.

"Any sign of y/n?" Bucky asked through the earpiece.

Many No's came through. Not one yes.

Rhodey came over the earpiece.

"We got more incoming outside the dome." He said, now looking up as more and more fell on the shield.

The shock waves and debris from the ship landings destroy acres of forest and boil up against the dome. Bucky and Sam rushed to meet the rest of the team in the middle of the battle field.

Carriers hover over the grounds of Wakanda with Wakandan soldiers and Natasha and Steve on board; Rhodey and Sam keep pace overhead, and Bruce is in the Hulkbuster armor. Steve quickly helped Bucky into the carriers.