Chapter 66: Reunion

You both walk back out and the two other men sit up in shock. Then one looks to Thor urgently.

"Your beard!" One shouts.

"Thor, he's back! That kid on the TV just called me a dickhead again!" The man made of rocks says.

"NoobMaster69..." Thor whispers. He quickly rushes over, grabbing the headset from the man and then angrily threatened the man.

"NoobMaster. Hey, it's Thor again. You know, the God of Thunder? Listen, buddy. If you don't log off this game immediately, I'm gonna fly over to your house, come down to that basement you're hiding in, rip off your arms and SHOVE THEM UP YOUR BUTT! Oh, that's right, go cry to your father, you little weasel!" Thor hands the rock man's headset back to him and turns back to you with a smile.

You look to him, slightly concerned. Wanda had been snickering in the corner of the living room.

"What- was that?" You ask him. Thor shakes his head. "You don't want to know." He says, as if it was some gruesome crime.

A moment passed and you finally looked back to Thor.

"Can we- can we talk, outside?" You so him. He quickly nods, and then proceeded to walk to the door. "Yes- yes of course!" He says.

As you both stand outside, Thor closes the door, you look to him and then away, avoiding his gaze. "Y/n, what's the matter?" He asked you. You clear your throat and then look back to him.

"Wanda and I could really use a friendly face around the compound." You say softly. Thor furrows his brows.

"Y/n, why are you really here?" He caught on quickly. You sigh. You didn't want to admit it,

"I'm sad." You vaguely stated. Thors eyes softens and then you look away.

"I can't believe I'm saying this-" you start. You sigh and shove your shaky hands in your back pockets.

"Please come home." You say quietly. Thor shakes his head and a smile appears.

"I am home." He says with a laugh. You shake your head.

"Why are you avoiding the compound?" You blurt out quietly. Thor sighs and looks away for a moment. The looks back to you.

"I'm not avoiding it. I'm simply looking after my people." He stubbornly says.

"I'm your people too Thor." That seemed to have struck a nerve as Thor looked away.

"I know..." he says. Unfolding his arms and dropping his head.

"Come back...just for a few days- that's all I'm asking." You plead. Thor thinks for a brief moment before sighing quietly again.

He nods.

"I'll have someone look after the people until i am back." He huffs. You smile and embrace him.

It was time to go home.

———

As you three stumble on the dewy grass of the compound, filled with laughter and smiles.

Wanda links an arm with yours and Thor stands on the other side of you.

You all walk into the compound, laughing at a joke Thor had just tried to say, but it failed, miserably.

As you all walk into the living room upstairs the lights of the compound turn on.

"Surprise!" People shout. You look around at all of your people. You smile widely as Natasha rushes to hug you.

You embrace her tightly. "Nat..." you laugh as she giggles enthusiastically.