Chapter 23: The Villain

Your POV

I tried my best to go to sleep, but I couldn't help and stare out of my balcony. Feeling the cool air and seeing the moonlight.

Bucky had knocked on my door along with Steve, both very sober, unlike me. They walked in to check on me and Steve was rambling on about I didn't care to listen to.

"Y/n, you know how he is, I'm sure he'll come around..." Bucky said from the doorway. Steve began to walk over to see what I was staring at.

"You cant change him y/n. I will always be here." He placed his hand on my shoulders and continued to talk.

"I'm the good guy here, you have to know that." Steve had waved Bucky out of the room, but he refused to leave.

I was getting irritated.

"I always wondered why I liked Loki. And I think it might be, because when he promises me things, I know it's only for me." I wasn't looking at anything in particular just waiting for my words to come out.

Man I was so drunk.

"Y/n, you're wasted, you don't know what you're saying..." Steve started.

"I do. I do know what I'm saying." I lied

"You would sacrifice me to save the day, to save the world. But he- Loki would rip apart cities, realms- if I were to be harmed, and that is a promise."

"Then where was he tonight? He left you y/n! Alone!" Steve shouted in a whisper. I didn't stop to think of the answer for that.

I didn't hesitate as I started talking again.

"He seems rude, ruthless, cruel and manipulative, but he treats me like a princess. And only his." I spoke again. This time not missing a beat, and continued.

"I think he's misunderstood. When you sit down and just listen to his side of the story, the good guys don't sound all that heroic. Monsters are made, not born." Now I was returning his gaze. With no words left to say, he looked down at his feet and walked out, leaving me to stare out of my balcony again.

"It's gonna be alright Doll." Bucky said, I nodded before he began walking out of the room afterwards.

I wasn't getting sleep tonight.

I decided if I was going to be up and tipsy, I might as well do something, walking out to the corner of my balcony staring at anything I could.

Sighing, I kicked at a stray pebbled, watching as it flew into a nearby wall. It clicked, bouncing off and onto the ground. I was about to walk past it, when I heard the click again.

I whipped my head around, to see that the pebble was in a different spot than a few seconds prior. I twirled in a circle, eyes scouring the back wall and the guard rails, but no one was around.

Brow furrowing, I walked over and picked up the small rock, turning it over in my palm. I chucked it at the wall again, and it had the same effect as before, landing with a quiet 'clink' onto the cement. Suddenly, the rock disappeared from view, reappearing a good five feet in the air. It was...levitating.

My pulse thundered in my ears, nervousness arising in the pit of my stomach. The rock flew, hit the wall, then fell to the ground. I was shocked, had I done that? Not impossible, but I've never done anything like that.

I thought that maybe I was imagining things, so I started to briskly walk back to my room before I could feel something hit the back of my head.

It was the pebble.

Now I was weirded out. I shut the balcony door and went back to bed hoping it had just been an odd dream.

Before I knew it I was awake and the daylight threatened my covers with it's light. I groaned and tired to hide under the
sheets.

This hangover was not worth the fun.

There were a few knocks at my door but I ignored them hoping whoever it was would take the hint and leave me alone.

I assumed wrongly as Wanda walked in now sitting on my bed telling me I needed to get up and start the day. I had to start training but I really didn't want to.

"Come on sleepy head, it's time!" She pulled the covers off making me groan and cover my eyes. I curled up in a ball, covering my eyes again and went right back to sleep.

That was before Wanda picked up my feet with her red magic and began to drag me from my bed to the living room.

"I- hey! Put me down!" I shouted now clawing at the covers on my bed, which didn't help as they came along for the ride.

"Not until you wake up!" She said cheerfully, walking nonchalantly.

"I said let go! Ow- my head! Wanda I'm awake! Please!" I groaned as I hit my head on the wall now half way out in the lounge room.

"If you're say so." She gave me a smirk and dropped my feet making me hit the ground harshly.

"Ouch! Holy shi-"

"Language!" Steve and Tony had both shouted.

I quickly dusted myself off, I was planning my revenge and how to
execute it.

I had no ideas. Just a headache and a raging hangover.

"I told you to cut back at drink thirteen and you didn't listen. Now you face the consequences sweetheart." Wanda said giving me her hand and a warm smile. Instead of taking it I stood up by myself glaring at her, only for Wanda to give me a pat on the head.

"Oh gods...how much did you drink?" A familiar face asked behind me, I turned around slowly seeing Loki, and a smile planted on my face, shooting finger guns.

"Twenty two, and then a lot of shots, that I don't remember ordering!" Still smiling at him. He shook his head and looked down in disappointment.

"Hey...you left me down there, I had no other options of 'fun' so Thor and I made up our own fun!" I said now putting down my finger guns as they didn't make him less upset.

"Wait you had been drinking!? How come no one told me!" Tony then shouted, everyone laughed and shrugged, not answering him.

Everyone was slowly walking out, just leaving Loki and I, or so I thought.

"There's some breakfast left. I made extra toast this time." I turned around to see Steve, he moved a plate in our direction and smiled.

He then got up and nodded towards us and walked out along with the others.

"Thats very unlike him. I'm not complaining, but it seems there's some tension between the two of you." Loki said now handing me a piece of toast. Reluctantly I took it, taking a bite of of the corner.

I felt guilty. All I could think of were his words and how I hurt him, but also how he crossed a boundary. I furrowed my brows and looked at my feet for awhile. Loki seemed to have heard what I was thinking and didn't say anything.

"Well then..." he cleared his throat and bit his bottom lip in frustration.

"We should get to training. It's going to be a long day and it's best if we get started now-" Loki tired to get out before Natasha rushed in, shouting.

"Get dressed theres a mission! Hurry it's urgent! You too Loki!" She ran past us and into her room to get dressed.

He quickly looked at each other and without thinking I called for my magic which dressed the both of us, then we were off.